Velocity Reviews

-   -   Help required re loading windows XP pro (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t312404-help-required-re-loading-windows-xp-pro.html)

Tony Peter 10-29-2004 06:33 PM

Help required re loading windows XP pro

I have been trying to install XP pro on an old computer, unfortunately it
would appear that some files have not loaded correctly, it is now stuck on
trying to "install windows" coming up with a fatal error message, any easy
way to get out of this or reload ?

Yours desperately!

Tony

ROBERT BROOKS 10-29-2004 08:15 PM

Re: Help required re loading windows XP pro

You will need at least 128mb of RAM to run XP

rob

Tony Peter 10-29-2004 08:24 PM

Re: Help required re loading windows XP pro

system is AMD 450, 128mb ram, 13gb h/d so shold be ok ?

derek / nul 10-29-2004 11:27 PM

Re: Help required re loading windows XP pro

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 18:33:45 GMT, "Tony Peter" <antony.peter@ntlworld.com>
wrote:

>I have been trying to install XP pro on an old computer, unfortunately it
>would appear that some files have not loaded correctly, it is now stuck on
>trying to "install windows" coming up with a fatal error message, any easy
>way to get out of this or reload ?

It sounds like you have a hardware problem.

derek / nul 10-29-2004 11:28 PM

Re: Help required re loading windows XP pro

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 20:15:58 GMT, "ROBERT BROOKS"
<robert.brook7@ntlworld.com@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>You will need at least 128mb of RAM to run XP

That is a 'recommendation' only. XP crawls with 32MB of ram

Mark Mandell 10-30-2004 01:01 AM

Re: Help required re loading windows XP pro

"Tony Peter" <antony.peter@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> I have been trying to install XP pro on an old computer, unfortunately it
> would appear that some files have not loaded correctly, it is now stuck on
> trying to "install windows" coming up with a fatal error message, any easy
> way to get out of this or reload ?
>
> Yours desperately!
>
> Tony

What exactly does the error message say?

Wizard 10-30-2004 04:14 PM

Re: Help required re loading windows XP pro

and then some!

WebWalker 10-31-2004 01:54 AM

Re: Help required re loading windows XP pro

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 20:24:50 GMT, "Tony Peter"
<antony.peter@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>system is AMD 450, 128mb ram, 13gb h/d so shold be ok ?

I will install Win98SE to that slow machine.
If you insist WinXP, run it in classic mode for usability.

--
WebWalker

Tony Peter 10-31-2004 06:49 AM

Re: Help required re loading windows XP pro

Thanks for all your comments, I have since tried installing from scratch,
however I suspect the disk may be faulty with files missing as I am still
getting the same problem, I think I will now look to "purchase" a "proper"
disk, should I stick with ' 98? My original reason for XP was to be able to
use wireless setup wizard to make setting the network up easier.

Tony

news:PJBgd.12123$5i5.7532@newsread2.news.atl.earth link.net...