Velocity Reviews

-   -   Linksys Wireless network (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t312383-linksys-wireless-network.html)

Huw Rowlands 10-27-2004 06:06 PM

Linksys Wireless network

Hi,
I'm trying to install a Linksys Wireless G PCI adapter; however when I
insert the software the install screen opens and then closes again.

I've got the network up and running talking to a PCMCIA card on a laptop,
which installed fine, however I was wondering if anyone new of any problems
with the PCI card software? - XP can see the card and tires to manage it,
however can't obtain an IP from the router (I've checked its DHCP enabled).

I running a Celeron 400 with XP

Any help would be gratefully received,

Regards,

Huw

Duane Arnold 10-28-2004 01:40 AM

Re: Linksys Wireless network

"Huw Rowlands" <huwrowlands@talk21.com> wrote in

> Hi,
> I'm trying to install a Linksys Wireless G PCI adapter; however when I
> insert the software the install screen opens and then closes again.

You can go to the Linksys Web site and download the driver for the card and
install it and configure the card with Device Manager.

> I've got the network up and running talking to a PCMCIA card on a
> laptop, which installed fine, however I was wondering if anyone new of
> any problems with the PCI card software? - XP can see the card and
> tires to manage it, however can't obtain an IP from the router (I've
> checked its DHCP enabled).

You may have some mis-configuration WAP keys not matching between card and
router.

Duane :)