Velocity Reviews

-   -   AVI-MPEG (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t312319-avi-mpeg.html)

EnJay 10-22-2004 04:59 PM

AVI-MPEG

Hi

I need to convert 2 files (AVI) to Mpegs. Can anyne suggest a free prog that
will do this, please.

I have checked Google as well as been to Download.com but without any
success. I want a free one purely because I only have 2 files and that's it.
TIA

Nig

HF 10-22-2004 05:16 PM

Re: AVI-MPEG

Look on Cnet www.download.com Same thing
"EnJay" <NoSpam@BOGOFF.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I need to convert 2 files (AVI) to Mpegs. Can anyne suggest a free prog

that
> will do this, please.
>
> I have checked Google as well as been to Download.com but without any
> success. I want a free one purely because I only have 2 files and that's

it.
> TIA
>
> Nig

---

HF 10-22-2004 05:23 PM

Re: AVI-MPEG

OK I reread your post. But you certainly didnt look very hard. Here is a
free one.
http://www.brothersoft.com/Multimedi...n_Fx_Video_Con
verter_20561.html Few secs.

"EnJay" <NoSpam@BOGOFF.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I need to convert 2 files (AVI) to Mpegs. Can anyne suggest a free prog

that
> will do this, please.
>
> I have checked Google as well as been to Download.com but without any
> success. I want a free one purely because I only have 2 files and that's

it.
> TIA
>
> Nig

---

EnJay 10-22-2004 06:38 PM

Re: AVI-MPEG

I think you will find I mentioned free, due the fact I only have 2 files to
convert. Thanks anyway.

Nig

jay 10-22-2004 06:55 PM

Re: AVI-MPEG

Try videohelp.com They should have everything you need. Theres a free video
encoder called tmpgenc. It works great. Jay

Brian 10-22-2004 06:56 PM

Re: AVI-MPEG

"EnJay" <NoSpam@BOGOFF.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I think you will find I mentioned free, due the fact I only have 2 files

> convert. Thanks anyway.
>
> Nig
>
> "HF" <HF@members.v21.co.uk> wrote in message
> > OK I reread your post. But you certainly didnt look very hard. Here is a
> > free one.

http://www.brothersoft.com/Multimedi...n_Fx_Video_Con
> > verter_20561.html Few secs.
> >

> > "EnJay" <NoSpam@BOGOFF.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I need to convert 2 files (AVI) to Mpegs. Can anyne suggest a free

prog
> > that
> > > will do this, please.
> > >
> > > I have checked Google as well as been to Download.com but without any
> > > success. I want a free one purely because I only have 2 files and

that's
> > it.
> > > TIA
> > >
> > > Nig
> > >

> > ---

not completly free (asf, wmv, mpeg2 not supported) but according to
freedownloadcenter.com:

"AVI to MPEG Converter - Convert AVI, MPEG, ASF and WMV files to MPEG-1or
MPEG-2 with VCD, Super VCD or DVD extensions. The free demo version supports
only AVI input and MPEG-1 output but has no time limit." which hopefully
fits your needs.

downloadable here:
http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/M...Converter.html

James Hilton 10-23-2004 01:23 AM