Velocity Reviews

-   -   Accelerated 56k (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t312316-accelerated-56k.html)

T. McRae 10-22-2004 11:43 AM

Accelerated 56k

Does Accelerated 56k dial-up really work? Thanks...

Thor 10-22-2004 11:59 AM

Re: Accelerated 56k

for web pages, yes. But not for file downloads. The acceleration essentially
works by installing software on the user's computer, which typically
accesses a proxy server at the ISP which is dedicated to dynamically
compressing and re-serving the webpages and graphics (typically degrading
the picture quality of web graphics to shrink their download size) that the
user accesses. This reduces the download time of webpages giving the
impression of increased speed, when in actuality, there is no change in the
bandwidth of your connection. As most downloadable files are already
compressed, those are not benefitted in any way.

news:dd392627.0410220343.220f4682@posting.google.c om...

Brian 10-22-2004 05:01 PM

Re: Accelerated 56k

"Thor" <man@arms.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> for web pages, yes. But not for file downloads. The acceleration

essentially
> works by installing software on the user's computer, which typically
> accesses a proxy server at the ISP which is dedicated to dynamically
> compressing and re-serving the webpages and graphics (typically degrading
> the picture quality of web graphics to shrink their download size) that

the
> user accesses. This reduces the download time of webpages giving the
> impression of increased speed, when in actuality, there is no change in

the
> bandwidth of your connection. As most downloadable files are already
> compressed, those are not benefitted in any way.
>

> ..
> "T. McRae" <Hurricane1000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:dd392627.0410220343.220f4682@posting.google.c om...
> > Does Accelerated 56k dial-up really work? Thanks...

and now.. credit the source you got that from.... or be a plato and
persevere with the consequences... thankyou...

Thor 10-23-2004 01:11 AM

Re: Accelerated 56k

"Brian" <b_dyke@web.de> wrote in message

> "Thor" <man@arms.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> for web pages, yes. But not for file downloads. The acceleration

> essentially
>> works by installing software on the user's computer, which typically
>> accesses a proxy server at the ISP which is dedicated to dynamically
>> compressing and re-serving the webpages and graphics (typically degrading
>> the picture quality of web graphics to shrink their download size) that

> the
>> user accesses. This reduces the download time of webpages giving the
>> impression of increased speed, when in actuality, there is no change in

> the
>> bandwidth of your connection. As most downloadable files are already
>> compressed, those are not benefitted in any way.
>>

>> ..
>> "T. McRae" <Hurricane1000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:dd392627.0410220343.220f4682@posting.google.c om...
>> > Does Accelerated 56k dial-up really work? Thanks...

> and now.. credit the source you got that from.... or be a plato and
> persevere with the consequences... thankyou...

pardon me? I stated it from my own knowledge and understanding of how the
process works. The statements I made were my own entirely, thank you very
much. So if you want me to credit the source, then I'd be happy to.

Source- Thor.

There. Happy now?

Fred 10-23-2004 02:01 AM

Re: Accelerated 56k

Thor chuckled:

> pardon me?

Why? Did you fart?

> I stated it from my own knowledge and understanding of how the process
> works.

Where did you steal the knowledge from?

> The statements I made were my own entirely, thank you very much.

You can repay me by sucking my cock.

> So if you want me to credit the source, then I'd be happy to.

They're cunning. They can see things that you can't. They are scheming. They
can see what's next and what happens after that.

> Happy now?

How much are you willing to pay for me to be happy?