Velocity Reviews

-   -   Lists of Lists (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t312296-lists-of-lists.html)

VWWall 10-20-2004 09:47 PM

Lists of Lists

Here's a great site to find programs for just about anything! Many are
freeware or open source. There's even a .zip file of all the links, if
you want to add them to your own bookmarks.

http://lists.gpick.com/

--
Virg Wall

Thor 10-20-2004 10:34 PM

Re: Lists of Lists

"VWWall" <vwall@DEADearthlink.net> wrote in message
news:i2Bdd.2490$%h1.1415@newsread3.news.pas.earthl ink.net...
> Here's a great site to find programs for just about anything! Many are
> freeware or open source. There's even a .zip file of all the links, if
> you want to add them to your own bookmarks.
>
> http://lists.gpick.com/
>
> --
> Virg Wall

You da Man, Virg! Through that list, I found the mother of all password
reveal tools. Very handy on service calls when you need to record the
customers ISP login info, etc when working on their system, except the
customer has long forgotten what their password info is. I have a couple
tools that do this, but nothing as elaborate and simple to use as this
program. And it's freeware!

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/pspv.html

VWWall 10-21-2004 01:15 AM

Re: Lists of Lists

Thor wrote:

> "VWWall" <vwall@DEADearthlink.net> wrote in message
> news:i2Bdd.2490$%h1.1415@newsread3.news.pas.earthl ink.net...
>
>>Here's a great site to find programs for just about anything! Many are
>>freeware or open source. There's even a .zip file of all the links, if
>>you want to add them to your own bookmarks.
>>
>>http://lists.gpick.com/
>>
>>--
>>Virg Wall

> You da Man, Virg! Through that list, I found the mother of all password
> reveal tools. Very handy on service calls when you need to record the
> customers ISP login info, etc when working on their system, except the
> customer has long forgotten what their password info is. I have a couple
> tools that do this, but nothing as elaborate and simple to use as this
> program. And it's freeware!
>
> http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/pspv.html

Glad you found it useful! Thank Dave Stockbridge and Ted Quantrill and
the people on Steve Gibson's GRC newsgroups. They manage to keep it up-
-to-date as well.

--
Virg Wall