Velocity Reviews

-   -   Install WINDOWS XP (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t312039-install-windows-xp.html)

Saref Sref 09-28-2004 11:47 PM

Install WINDOWS XP

A crash happened to my computer and all I can do is going to DOS mode. But
my windows is XP.
How can I re-install Windows XP via DOS
Thanks
Saref.

Thor 09-29-2004 02:15 AM

Re: Install WINDOWS XP

"Saref Sref" <fares@alphalink.com.au> wrote in message
>A crash happened to my computer and all I can do is going to DOS mode. But
> my windows is XP.
> How can I re-install Windows XP via DOS
> Thanks
> Saref.

put your WIndowsXP disc in the drive, and boot to the CD. Choose setup, then
repair istallation.

HF 09-29-2004 11:32 AM

Re: Install WINDOWS XP

Look at www.probz.com

"Saref Sref" <fares@alphalink.com.au> wrote in message
> A crash happened to my computer and all I can do is going to DOS mode. But
> my windows is XP.
> How can I re-install Windows XP via DOS
> Thanks
> Saref.

---

Saref Sref 10-01-2004 10:34 PM

Re: Install WINDOWS XP

My computer only shows "C" drive of Dos when it's opened.And when I
introduce the XP cD windows disk nothing happened.
Thanks.
Saref

Thor 10-02-2004 02:10 AM

Re: Install WINDOWS XP

> My computer only shows "C" drive of Dos when it's opened.And when I
> introduce the XP cD windows disk nothing happened.
> Thanks.

Put the disc in, then reboot the computer. If necessary, enter the BIOS
setup, and change the boot device order so that the CD drive is in order
before the harddrive, and then the systen will boot from the windows CD once
restarted.