Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Windows firewall (SP2), I look for info. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t311951-re-windows-firewall-sp2-i-look-for-info.html)

Adriano 09-19-2004 08:24 PM

Re: Windows firewall (SP2), I look for info.

I'm afraid my Windows firewall doesn't work fine.
In fact I have just made a test. I have gone to some web "particular"
site and I have taken many, many spyware and trojan and other bad
things.
My NOD32 has deleted them. But my Windows firewall never has asked me
some permission.
Why? I hope it works fine.
Can you give me some info, please?

PS. You tell me "There are a lot of additional
configuration options too".
What do you mean? I think Windows firewall is not configurable very
much. Do I make a mistake? How I have to configure it?

Thanks

Duane Arnold 09-19-2004 10:45 PM

Adriano wrote:

> I'm afraid my Windows firewall doesn't work fine.
> In fact I have just made a test. I have gone to some web "particular"
> site and I have taken many, many spyware and trojan and other bad
> things.
> My NOD32 has deleted them. But my Windows firewall never has asked me
> some permission.
> Why? I hope it works fine.
> Can you give me some info, please?
>
> PS. You tell me "There are a lot of additional
> configuration options too".
> What do you mean? I think Windows firewall is not configurable very
> much. Do I make a mistake? How I have to configure it?
>
> Thanks

I hope the link helps you.

Duane :)

HonestJohn 09-19-2004 10:53 PM

"Adriano" <ashuat@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm afraid my Windows firewall doesn't work fine.
> In fact I have just made a test. I have gone to some web
> "particular"
> site and I have taken many, many spyware and trojan and other
> bad
> things.
> My NOD32 has deleted them. But my Windows firewall never has
> asked me
> some permission.
> Why? I hope it works fine.
> Can you give me some info, please?
>
> PS. You tell me "There are a lot of additional
> configuration options too".
> What do you mean? I think Windows firewall is not configurable
> very
> much. Do I make a mistake? How I have to configure it?
>
> Thanks

Just install one of the free versions of Outpost or ZoneAlarm
which are amongst the most powerful firewalls available and will
stop anyone remotely accessing your files and unlike the built-in
firewall in Windows XP they will also prevent malicious programs
on your PC from making unauthorised use of your Internet
connection, to send out personal or private information. N.B. Only
install one of them as they may disagree with each other.

Agnitum Outpost Free
freeware, 2.6Mb, Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP,
www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/
and