Velocity Reviews

-   -   Simple quesiton (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t311876-simple-quesiton.html)

twfsa 09-13-2004 11:14 AM

Simple quesiton

Whats the difference between re-start and re-boot?

Thanks
Tom

Jim Berwick 09-13-2004 11:34 AM

Re: Simple quesiton

"twfsa" <twfsaa@cox.net> wrote in news:zif1d.42005$Ka6.11577@okepread03:

> Whats the difference between re-start and re-boot?

As in, "restart the computer" or "reboot the computer"? Nothing. Two ways
of saying the same thing.

VWWall 09-13-2004 04:07 PM

Re: Simple quesiton

Jim Berwick wrote:
> "twfsa" <twfsaa@cox.net> wrote in news:zif1d.42005$Ka6.11577@okepread03:
>

>>Whats the difference between re-start and re-boot?
>>

> As in, "restart the computer" or "reboot the computer"? Nothing. Two ways
> of saying the same thing.

Jim, I think he may mean when you restart only Windows, vs a "cold"
re-boot which goes through the complete POST before "restarting
Windows". There is a difference in these two cases.

Virg Wall
--
A foolish consistency is the
hobgoblin of little minds,........

VWWall 09-13-2004 04:12 PM

Re: Simple quesiton

twfsa wrote:

> Whats the difference between re-start and re-boot?

You can restart only Windows, (or any other operating system), which
skips the POST, (Power on System Test), which is done when you start the
computer by turning on the power or hitting the "reset" button.
Otherwise the two are the same.

Virg Wall

Cunning Linguist 09-13-2004 05:59 PM

Re: Simple quesiton

twfsa wrote:

> Whats the difference between re-start and re-boot?
>
> Thanks
> Tom

One has the word 'start' in it, the other has 'boot'. No other difference.