Velocity Reviews

-   -   SP2: Windows Security Alerts (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t311869-sp2-windows-security-alerts.html)

Global_Killa 09-12-2004 09:47 PM

SP2: Windows Security Alerts

Hey all,
I installed SP2 today and now I have Windows Secutiry Alerts in my
system tray. How can I stop this from loading?

Do I need this feature? I have a third party firewall, so turned the Windows
one off. I don't need the virus update feature. And when I change the
Windows Updates to automatic instead of update at a specific time, it says I
should check my settings, but thats how I want it!

All I have is a red thing with a cross in my system tray.

--
Global_Killa

http://punkthenation.tk

Duane Arnold 09-12-2004 10:01 PM

Re: SP2: Windows Security Alerts

"Global_Killa" <global_killa@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Hey all,
> I installed SP2 today and now I have Windows Secutiry Alerts in my
> system tray. How can I stop this from loading?
>
> Do I need this feature? I have a third party firewall, so turned the
> Windows one off. I don't need the virus update feature. And when I
> change the Windows Updates to automatic instead of update at a
> specific time, it says I should check my settings, but thats how I
> want it!
>
> All I have is a red thing with a cross in my system tray.

You can go to the shield and on the Recommendations tab and turn off the
alerts.

Duane :)