Velocity Reviews

-   -   IE shakes! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t311862-ie-shakes.html)

IAN GARDNER 09-12-2004 10:48 AM

IE shakes!

Dear all,

I think it my be my cheap crappy mouse but When i`m online and sometimes
offline my webpage i`m viewing shakes up and down! It`s only the page bit,
the wording in IE is ok (ie, delete, undo boxes etc)

Is it my mouse or other?

--
IAN. P. GARDNER
ISLE OF WIGHT

Lloyd Jones 09-12-2004 11:03 AM

Re: IE shakes!

Is your monitor new or old?

If new take it back to the shop and exercise your guarantee.

LJ

DH 09-12-2004 01:57 PM

Re: IE shakes!

"IAN GARDNER" <ian@gardner44.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> I think it my be my cheap crappy mouse but When i`m online and sometimes
> offline my webpage i`m viewing shakes up and down! It`s only the page bit,
> the wording in IE is ok (ie, delete, undo boxes etc)
>
> Is it my mouse or other?
>
> --
> IAN. P. GARDNER
> ISLE OF WIGHT
> www.gardner44.freeserve.co.uk

It's probably your mouse. More specifically the scroll wheel on the mouse.

Dave H.

Thor 09-12-2004 03:04 PM

Re: IE shakes!

"IAN GARDNER" <ian@gardner44.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> I think it my be my cheap crappy mouse but When i`m online and sometimes
> offline my webpage i`m viewing shakes up and down! It`s only the page bit,
> the wording in IE is ok (ie, delete, undo boxes etc)
>
> Is it my mouse or other?

bad mouse, or flaky mouse software.

IAN GARDNER 09-14-2004 09:39 AM

Re: IE shakes!

"Thor" <man@arms.com> wrote in message

> "IAN GARDNER" <ian@gardner44.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I think it my be my cheap crappy mouse but When i`m online and sometimes
>> offline my webpage i`m viewing shakes up and down! It`s only the page
>> bit,
>> the wording in IE is ok (ie, delete, undo boxes etc)
>>
>> Is it my mouse or other?

> bad mouse, or flaky mouse software.

Thanks guys. A bad mouse day. A cheap mouse free from Serif. The first free
mouse from Serif lasted 3 days. This one lasted 3 weeks. Both are in the bin
now.
I now have a optical mouse and it`s excellent. I don`t even need a mouse
mat. Just my desk! Excellent.

anna keynow 09-16-2004 03:56 AM

Re: IE shakes!

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:39:43 +0100, "IAN GARDNER"
<ian@gardner44.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>"Thor" <man@arms.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "IAN GARDNER" <ian@gardner44.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> I think it my be my cheap crappy mouse but When i`m online and sometimes
>>> offline my webpage i`m viewing shakes up and down! It`s only the page
>>> bit,
>>> the wording in IE is ok (ie, delete, undo boxes etc)
>>>
>>> Is it my mouse or other?

>> bad mouse, or flaky mouse software.

>Thanks guys. A bad mouse day. A cheap mouse free from Serif. The first free
>mouse from Serif lasted 3 days. This one lasted 3 weeks. Both are in the bin
>now.
> I now have a optical mouse and it`s excellent. I don`t even need a mouse
>mat. Just my desk! Excellent.

You think they're good? (They are.) Wait until you see the new laser
mouse. A gamer's dream.
-+Anna+-

Justin 09-16-2004 03:48 PM

Re: IE shakes!

anna keynow <annabergianinstitute@hotmale.com> wrote in

> On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:39:43 +0100, "IAN GARDNER"
> <ian@gardner44.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>"Thor" <man@arms.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "IAN GARDNER" <ian@gardner44.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

>>> bad mouse, or flaky mouse software.

>>Thanks guys. A bad mouse day. A cheap mouse free from Serif. The first
>>free mouse from Serif lasted 3 days. This one lasted 3 weeks. Both are
>>in the bin now.
>> I now have a optical mouse and it`s excellent. I don`t even need a
>> mouse
>>mat. Just my desk! Excellent.

> You think they're good? (They are.) Wait until you see the new laser
> mouse. A gamer's dream.
> -+Anna+-

At work, we have $1300 IBM Intellistation P4's with 512MB RAM but we have
generic, terrible $5 mechanical mice (with the ball and rollers), no scroll
wheel. Yucky. I asked for a Logitech scroll wheel optical mouse. But was
told no -- can't afford it. I pointed out that the pretty basic
application we use in our business (property management customer service
proprietory software) only requires a 300mhz chip to run, so they should
have let us keep the AMD 450mhz machines we HAD and just get everyone
better peripherals: a flat screen LCD thin panel monitor, a Logitech
optical mouse, and a Logitech keyboard.

anna keynow 09-17-2004 09:44 AM

Re: IE shakes!

On 16 Sep 2004 10:48:33 -0500, Justin <justin1138@REMOVEnet> wrote:

>anna keynow <annabergianinstitute@hotmale.com> wrote in
>news:4j3ik05du2qtkj0tpfaq4o7m52t0od9vu4@4ax.com :
>
>> On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:39:43 +0100, "IAN GARDNER"
>> <ian@gardner44.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>>

>>>"Thor" <man@arms.com> wrote in message

>>>Thanks guys. A bad mouse day. A cheap mouse free from Serif. The first
>>>free mouse from Serif lasted 3 days. This one lasted 3 weeks. Both are
>>>in the bin now.
>>> I now have a optical mouse and it`s excellent. I don`t even need a
>>> mouse
>>>mat. Just my desk! Excellent.

>> You think they're good? (They are.) Wait until you see the new laser
>> mouse. A gamer's dream.
>> -+Anna+-
>>

>At work, we have $1300 IBM Intellistation P4's with 512MB RAM but we have
>generic, terrible $5 mechanical mice (with the ball and rollers), no scroll
>wheel. Yucky. I asked for a Logitech scroll wheel optical mouse. But was
>told no -- can't afford it. I pointed out that the pretty basic
>application we use in our business (property management customer service
>proprietory software) only requires a 300mhz chip to run, so they should
>have let us keep the AMD 450mhz machines we HAD and just get everyone
>better peripherals: a flat screen LCD thin panel monitor, a Logitech
>optical mouse, and a Logitech keyboard.

That's just crazy, isn't it? I mean, spending big bucks on flash
equipment but, the things that are most important to your experience,
the monitors, keyboard and in this case, the mouse, are treated as if
they're unneccesary.
It doesn't matter what sort of kick-arse box one has, if you've got a
shitty mouse and keyboard, all the whizz-bang will pale into
insignificance.
Like giving someone a ferrari and cutting costs by leaving out the
power steering.
-+Anna+-