Velocity Reviews

-   -   Download problems??? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t311481-download-problems.html)

The Real Slim Baby 08-02-2004 10:05 PM

Download problems???

I was wondering if anyone ever used a site called
the downloadplace.com or anything similar its for
downloading music and movie files etc you pay a
subscription charge and you get unlimited downloads.
This particular site allows you to see what music they
have to offer which was a large range before you
subscribe and now that I have they seem to have nothing at
all! they tell me their having system problems etc do
you know if its an elaborate con?

Thanks Folks!

Plato 08-03-2004 05:05 AM

Re: Download problems???

The Real Slim Baby wrote:

> subscribe and now that I have they seem to have nothing at
> all! they tell me their having system problems etc do

Write your credit card company and have them credit your account.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Tim 08-31-2004 10:24 PM

Re: Download problems???

"The Real Slim Baby" <Spam.me@Spam.com> wrote in message news:<EUyPc.54269$28.38917@fe1.news.blueyonder.co. uk>...
> I was wondering if anyone ever used a site called
> the downloadplace.com or anything similar its for
> downloading music and movie files etc you pay a
> subscription charge and you get unlimited downloads.
> This particular site allows you to see what music they
> have to offer which was a large range before you
> subscribe and now that I have they seem to have nothing at
> all! they tell me their having system problems etc do
> you know if its an elaborate con?
>
> Thanks Folks!

I was just about to sign up with this site when I noticed the credit
card page was not secure - so I'm trying to find the operators of the
site. They are probably scammers trying to get card numbers. I'll post
any news here if I find out more.
Cheers
Tim