Velocity Reviews

-   -   Add/Remove Files question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t311335-add-remove-files-question.html)

Cammie 07-17-2004 09:23 PM

Add/Remove Files question

in control panel under add/remove files I have various programs still listed
that I had uninstalled. If I try to remove them it either says they do not
exist, or it trys to locate the resources to reinstall them.

Some of these remaining that I'd like to remove are: McAfee Antivirus,
Bookmark convertor 3.1 and Visioneer Paperport (an old scanner).

Is there any other way in to remove these from showing up in my program
list?

Duane Arnold 07-17-2004 10:47 PM

Re: Add/Remove Files question

"Cammie" <phurrballs@yahoospam.com> wrote in

> in control panel under add/remove files I have various programs still
> listed that I had uninstalled. If I try to remove them it either says
> they do not exist, or it trys to locate the resources to reinstall
> them.
>
> Some of these remaining that I'd like to remove are: McAfee
> Antivirus, Bookmark convertor 3.1 and Visioneer Paperport (an old
> scanner).
>
> Is there any other way in to remove these from showing up in my
> program list?

You can *hack* the registry and remove anything left in the registry
concerning the above applications that you have removed. That mey do it
for you.

Duane :)

colin 07-17-2004 10:53 PM

Cammie <phurrballs@yahoospam.com> wrote in message
> in control panel under add/remove files I have various programs still

listed
> that I had uninstalled. If I try to remove them it either says they do

not
> exist, or it trys to locate the resources to reinstall them.
>
> Some of these remaining that I'd like to remove are: McAfee Antivirus,
> Bookmark convertor 3.1 and Visioneer Paperport (an old scanner).
>
> Is there any other way in to remove these from showing up in my program
> list?

`tweakui` will do it. and it`s made by microsoft;)

Allen_L 07-17-2004 11:44 PM

Cammie <phurrballs@yahoospam.com> typed:
> in control panel under add/remove files I have various programs still
> listed that I had uninstalled. If I try to remove them it either
> says they do not exist, or it trys to locate the resources to
> reinstall them.
>
> Some of these remaining that I'd like to remove are: McAfee
> Antivirus, Bookmark convertor 3.1 and Visioneer Paperport (an old
> scanner).
>
> Is there any other way in to remove these from showing up in my
> program list?

Go to this key in the registry by going to Run\RegEdit\OK and navigate to
the below key:

HKEY_Local_Machine\software\Microsoft\windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall

Look in the left column for the name of the program.
Delete the name of the one's that shouldn't be listed. Backup or export the
Keys or Values before deletion.

....Allen

Cammie 07-18-2004 03:27 AM

Re: Add/Remove Files question

"Allen_L" wrote
> Go to this key in the registry by going to Run\RegEdit\OK and navigate to
> the below key:
>
> HKEY_Local_Machine\software\Microsoft\windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall
>
> Look in the left column for the name of the program.
> Delete the name of the one's that shouldn't be listed. Backup or export

the
> Keys or Values before deletion.
>
> ...Allen

I did this and found them, and removed them, but they are still showing up
in Add/Remove Programs... any other thoughts?

Cammie 07-18-2004 03:39 AM

Re: Add/Remove Files question

"colin" <colmac14@hotmail.com> wrote
> `tweakui` will do it. and it`s made by microsoft;)

Sounded like a great idea, but it appears tweak UI is for Windows NT, I have
98 still.

Thor 07-18-2004 04:09 AM

> "Allen_L" wrote
> > Go to this key in the registry by going to Run\RegEdit\OK and navigate

> > the below key:
> >
> > HKEY_Local_Machine\software\Microsoft\windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall
> >
> > Look in the left column for the name of the program.
> > Delete the name of the one's that shouldn't be listed. Backup or export

> the
> > Keys or Values before deletion.
> >
> > ...Allen

> I did this and found them, and removed them, but they are still showing up
> in Add/Remove Programs... any other thoughts?

Check the same subkey under HKEY_CURRENT_USER.

Wayne R. Russ 07-18-2004 04:46 AM

Re: Add/Remove Files question

I have tweakui 1.33 on my system and I have Windows 98.

--

Wayne R. Russ;

Dave 07-18-2004 09:25 AM

Re: Add/Remove Files question

Cammie <phurrballs@yahoospam.com> wrote in message
> in control panel under add/remove files I have various programs still

listed
> that I had uninstalled. If I try to remove them it either says they do

not
> exist, or it trys to locate the resources to reinstall them.
>
> Some of these remaining that I'd like to remove are: McAfee Antivirus,
> Bookmark convertor 3.1 and Visioneer Paperport (an old scanner).
>
> Is there any other way in to remove these from showing up in my program
> list?

Open Regedit. Do a search. It will find all registry listings.

colin 07-18-2004 04:30 PM

> "colin" <colmac14@hotmail.com> wrote
> > `tweakui` will do it. and it`s made by microsoft;)

> Sounded like a great idea, but it appears tweak UI is for Windows NT, I

have
> 98 still.

http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstati...working/NTTwea
kUI.asp