Velocity Reviews

-   -   Bad Combo (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t311301-bad-combo.html)

Saref Aref 07-14-2004 05:35 AM

Bad Combo

G'day every body
My external COMBO Drive its duty is CD RW,CD R and
DVD Rom. It works good except as DVD Rom .
When I put DVD disk inside it, most of times does not work but sometimes
works after many efforts when I connect it with computer after Loading
windows (ME), and never works if connection before loading windows.
I receive many messages as: "No disks in the drive", "Unknown Format" and "
Do you want format this disk?"
I think he became confused by other duties(as CD RW & CD R)and can not
identify the DVD format disk.
Is it necessary to add some lines in Autoexec bat file to fix this problem?
I do not know and NOT experienced as a Programmer. ( I use Power DVD as a
software) Can I find HELP.
Many thanks
Saref

Robert Baer 07-14-2004 06:05 AM

Re: Bad Combo

Saref Aref wrote:

> G'day every body
> My external COMBO Drive its duty is CD RW,CD R and
> DVD Rom. It works good except as DVD Rom .
> When I put DVD disk inside it, most of times does not work but sometimes
> works after many efforts when I connect it with computer after Loading
> windows (ME), and never works if connection before loading windows.
> I receive many messages as: "No disks in the drive", "Unknown Format" and "
> Do you want format this disk?"
> I think he became confused by other duties(as CD RW & CD R)and can not
> identify the DVD format disk.
> Is it necessary to add some lines in Autoexec bat file to fix this problem?
> I do not know and NOT experienced as a Programmer. ( I use Power DVD as a
> software) Can I find HELP.
> Many thanks
> Saref

1. Get into the habit of always connecting a USB device *after* the OS
is running.
2. Also get in the habit of clicking on the strange icon that looks like
an arrow above a "tablet", and select which USB device you want to
disconnect. Do this before powering down either the USB device or the
computer.