Velocity Reviews

-   -   Backup hard drive and restore (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t310895-backup-hard-drive-and-restore.html)

Mark F. 06-05-2004 04:36 AM

Backup hard drive and restore

I'm looking for a back-up program that I can back up my hard drive and
reinstall it on a new drive and it will boot the computer.

Any suggestions?

--
Hike High Mountain
Fish for Wild Trout

Jerry G. 06-05-2004 09:20 AM

Re: Backup hard drive and restore

We are using Norton Ghost. Just make sure you use the proper version for
your operating system. If you have XP, make sure that the version is for XP.

--

Jerry G.
=====

Thor 06-05-2004 12:39 PM

Re: Backup hard drive and restore

in the case of Ghost, that would be version 2002, or higher.

bearman 06-05-2004 02:53 PM

Re: Backup hard drive and restore

"Mark F." <res049nn@gte.net> wrote in message
> I'm looking for a back-up program that I can back up my hard drive and
> reinstall it on a new drive and it will boot the computer.
>
> Any suggestions?
>

> --
> Hike High Mountain
> Fish for Wild Trout

Try Acronis True Image and make a clone of your boot drive. I use it for
that purpose and it works great.

Bearman