Velocity Reviews

-   -   Intel Pro 1000 MT NDIS DOS Drivers Cause Machine to Hang ... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t310890-intel-pro-1000-mt-ndis-dos-drivers-cause-machine-to-hang.html)

Andrew 06-04-2004 08:59 PM

Intel Pro 1000 MT NDIS DOS Drivers Cause Machine to Hang ...

.... but only if the NIC is plugged into the network when the driver
loads.

Example A (network cable plugged in):
----
1. Start Machine
2. Protocol Manager Loads
3. Packet Driver Loads
4. NDIS Driver (E1000.DOS) Loads (looks succesful. locates device,
etc.)
5. Machine Hangs and requires power off to restart

----

Example B (network cable unplugged):
----
1. Start Machine
2. Protocol Manager Loads
3. Packet Drive Loads
4. NDIS Drive (E1000.DOS) Loads
5. DOS Prompt
6. I plug in cable
7. Machine works perfectly and communicates with the network
----

Any ideas at all? I've used drivers from Dell (the manufacturer),
from Symantec Ghost Boot Wizard, and from Intel. Have called Intel,
and Dell. Have called friends. Have called anonymous people. I
called my butcher. No one knows. Assist appreciated.

Andrew