Velocity Reviews

-   -   Bios Setup (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t310828-bios-setup.html)

John Chenis 05-30-2004 09:38 PM

Bios Setup

Hi All,
I have a Sony Vaio notebook PCG-FX240 and would like to change the boot
sequence to the CD ROM. When the unit starts, I depress F2 which gets me
into the bios setup. I go to BOOT section and I see CD ROM but don't know
how to turn it ON. Any suggestions?
Thanks for your help.
John Chenis Protected by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector

bearman 05-30-2004 10:39 PM

Re: Bios Setup

"John Chenis" <jgck8@rcn.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
> I have a Sony Vaio notebook PCG-FX240 and would like to change the boot
> sequence to the CD ROM. When the unit starts, I depress F2 which gets me
> into the bios setup. I go to BOOT section and I see CD ROM but don't know
> how to turn it ON. Any suggestions?
> Thanks for your help.
> John Chenis Protected by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector

On my system, Pageup/Page down changes the values.

Bearman

Lloyd Jones 05-30-2004 10:45 PM

Re: Bios Setup

On my bios the - and + keys change the values.

LJ

Trent© 05-31-2004 01:58 AM

Re: Bios Setup

On Sun, 30 May 2004 17:38:26 -0400, "John Chenis" <jgck8@rcn.com>
wrote:

>Hi All,
>I have a Sony Vaio notebook PCG-FX240 and would like to change the boot
>sequence to the CD ROM. When the unit starts, I depress F2 which gets me
>into the bios setup. I go to BOOT section and I see CD ROM but don't know
>how to turn it ON. Any suggestions?

What else does it say? We need more of a description of what yer
lookin' at.

Remember to honor our troops...past and present.

And have a nice Memorial Day weekend.

Trent©