Velocity Reviews

-   -   Windows ME repeated updates (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t310824-windows-me-repeated-updates.html)

Chet 05-30-2004 01:49 PM

Windows ME repeated updates

Running Windows ME.

For a few days now, every time I check for Windows updates I am advised of:

Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB819696)

I always accept it but don't know why it's askign again. I don't think it
is a revision to the patch since it is always the same size (790 KB).
Whgat's happening here?

Thor 05-30-2004 01:56 PM

Re: Windows ME repeated updates

"Chet" <chartley(nospam)39@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> Running Windows ME.
>
> For a few days now, every time I check for Windows updates I am advised

of:

> Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB819696)
>
> I always accept it but don't know why it's askign again. I don't think it
> is a revision to the patch since it is always the same size (790 KB).
> Whgat's happening here?

Probably a glitch either on your end, or on WU's end. It's failing to detect
that you have the update installed, or the update was not successfully
installed on your machine for some reason.