Velocity Reviews

-   -   Font/Symbol for Email? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t310735-font-symbol-for-email.html)

John 05-21-2004 06:53 PM

Font/Symbol for Email?

Hello.

Just another quick question... I just wondered if there is a font or
symbol that is used to signify an Email address? Is there something
that is used more than anything else? I'm not so sure there is a
symbol that is universally recognised as a symbol for email. I was
thinking that the Outlook logo that often pops up in the taskbar when
you get new email would be a good symbol to use. The little envelope
with the twirling arrows around it.

If there's anything you've always used, or prefer I'd love to hear
what it is.

Thanks

John

Jim Berwick 05-21-2004 07:48 PM

Re: Font/Symbol for Email?

John <daffy@duck.disney.com> wrote in

> The little envelope
> with the twirling arrows around it.

Um, something@somethingelse.com? That signifies it pretty good right
there. The only other thing it could possibly be is a messageID, but
that's unlikely as most message ids are like 342savl9s34@whatever, not
jimb@snip.net

Jezebel 05-21-2004 09:23 PM

Re: Font/Symbol for Email?

Bear in mind that these symbols are only useful if the email recipient also
has the font installed.

John 05-22-2004 06:09 PM

Re: Font/Symbol for Email?

On Sat, 22 May 2004 07:23:10 +1000, "Jezebel" <dwarves@heaven.com.kr>
wrote:

>Bear in mind that these symbols are only useful if the email recipient also
>has the font installed.

It was just something I was wanting to print.

Thanks

John

Suzanne S. Barnhill 06-10-2004 03:20 AM

Re: Font/Symbol for Email?

Webdings is available on all computers with IE installed, which is pretty
much all Windows boxes.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)