Velocity Reviews

-   -   Dogplie.com Search Engine (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t310640-dogplie-com-search-engine.html)

Wayne R. Russ 05-12-2004 12:21 AM

Dogplie.com Search Engine

Hello Everyone,

My system appears to work fine in most every way except one. I can go to
URL www.dogpile.com file and navigate around the site, but when I enter a
search term and click their Go Fetch! button I can only get,

The page cannot be displayed

I get the same when trying to search their Yellow pages and White pages.
I can search all other search engines, but I like their hits better. I go to
my secondary backup Windows 95 system and www.dogpile.com works fine.

Can anyone think of any reason this might be happening to this one
particular site all of a sudden ? It used to work. Can/Would anyone Please
suggest some solutions that might solve the problem ?

All input is Greatly Appreciated,

Wayne R. Russ

Windows 98
PII 450 Mhz.
256 MB RAM
20 GB HD
I.E. 6.0
O.E. 6

ric 05-12-2004 05:22 AM

Re: Dogplie.com Search Engine

"Wayne R. Russ" wrote:

> My system appears to work fine in most every way except one. I can go to
> URL www.dogpile.com file and navigate around the site, but when I enter a
> search term and click their Go Fetch! button I can only get,
>
> The page cannot be displayed
>
> I get the same when trying to search their Yellow pages and White pages.
> I can search all other search engines, but I like their hits better. I go to
> my secondary backup Windows 95 system and www.dogpile.com works fine.
>
> Can anyone think of any reason this might be happening to this one
> particular site all of a sudden ? It used to work. Can/Would anyone Please
> suggest some solutions that might solve the problem ?
>
> All input is Greatly Appreciated,
>
> Wayne R. Russ
>
> Windows 98
> PII 450 Mhz.
> 256 MB RAM
> 20 GB HD
> I.E. 6.0
> O.E. 6

Hmmm...working fine for me with:

Windows 98
PII 266 MHz
192 MB RAM
5.6 GB HD
IE 6.0

What are you searching for? Does it work at Google?

Lloyd Jones 05-12-2004 11:36 AM

Re: Dogplie.com Search Engine

Perhaps your firewall is blocking you, on some search engines they need to
put cookies on your computer to function properly.

LJ

Wayne R. Russ 05-12-2004 06:50 PM

Re: Dogplie.com Search Engine

> > My system appears to work fine in most every way except one. I can

go to
> > URL www.dogpile.com file and navigate around the site, but when I enter

> > search term and click their Go Fetch! button I can only get,
> >
> > The page cannot be displayed
> >
> > I get the same when trying to search their Yellow pages and White

pages.
> > I can search all other search engines, but I like their hits better. I

go to
> > my secondary backup Windows 95 system and www.dogpile.com works fine.
> >
> > Can anyone think of any reason this might be happening to this one
> > particular site all of a sudden ? It used to work. Can/Would anyone

Please
> > suggest some solutions that might solve the problem ?
> >
> > All input is Greatly Appreciated,
> >
> > Wayne R. Russ
> >
> > Windows 98
> > PII 450 Mhz.
> > 256 MB RAM
> > 20 GB HD
> > I.E. 6.0
> > O.E. 6

> Hmmm...working fine for me with:
>
> Windows 98
> PII 266 MHz
> 192 MB RAM
> 5.6 GB HD
> IE 6.0
>
> What are you searching for? Does it work at Google?

As an experimental term I used

NBC News

Dogpile did not work, but Google did work. :-)

Wayne R. Russ 05-12-2004 06:53 PM

Re: Dogplie.com Search Engine

Thank You for the suggestion LJ, but I disabled my Firewall and tried
Dogpile and it still failed. Such is the life with computers. :-|