Velocity Reviews

-   -   Error Message in Outlook.... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t310337-error-message-in-outlook.html)

The Prophecy 04-19-2004 05:52 AM

Error Message in Outlook....

When I try to download messages from my Hotmail account through Outlook I
get this error message:

Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Downloading all items.' reported error
(0x80004005) : 'Outlook's request to the server failed.
The server responded ''. '

I have checked Microsoft's site for this error and have not found anything.
I started getting this message about 3 months ago and have since had to
(because of unrelated problems) wipe my HD. After doing so I still got this
message. I have added my account to Outlook at my father's house and did not
get this error. My father and I are both running Windows XP Pro and Outlook
2003 with all available updates for both. I have already tried removing and
re-adding the account to Outlook without success. Any ideas on how to fix
this?

Thanks

robert.vroegop 04-19-2004 08:27 AM

Re: Error Message in Outlook....

hello, I've the same problem and I even can't find the solution
Roberto Umberto

Scrote 04-19-2004 08:52 AM

Re: Error Message in Outlook....

The Prophecy wrote:
>> When I try to download messages from my Hotmail account through
>> Outlook I get this error message:
>>
>> Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Downloading all items.' reported error
>> (0x80004005) : 'Outlook's request to the server failed.
>> The server responded ''. '
>>
>> I have checked Microsoft's site for this error and have not found
>> anything. I started getting this message about 3 months ago and have
>> since had to (because of unrelated problems) wipe my HD. After doing
>> so I still got this message. I have added my account to Outlook at
>> my father's house and did not get this error. My father and I are
>> both running Windows XP Pro and Outlook 2003 with all available
>> updates for both. I have already tried removing and re-adding the
>> account to Outlook without success. Any ideas on how to fix this?
>>
>> Thanks

Dont know how helpful this will be, but a "direct whinge" might help
http://office.microsoft.com/assistan...CH063565691033

Tony
--
The only difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its
limits.

Jerry G. 04-19-2004 05:27 PM

Re: Error Message in Outlook....

Speak to your ISP. They may be the ones with the problem! This may be a
fault with the port assignment for your account.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

The Prophecy 04-19-2004 05:58 PM

Re: Error Message in Outlook....

Jerry G. wrote:
> Speak to your ISP. They may be the ones with the problem! This may
> be a fault with the port assignment for your account.

Can't be a problem with the port assignment, because you can't assign a port
to use when downloading e-mail from Hotmail through Outlook. I should have
also mentioned that when downloading e-mail from my ISP e-mail account, I do
not get any errors.