Velocity Reviews

-   -   Load Balancing 3 Ether Links (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t31013-load-balancing-3-ether-links.html)

hari 12-17-2003 03:20 PM

Load Balancing 3 Ether Links

Hi

i have 3 links from x office to y office
x office customers need to work on critical application

so we have redundent fiber links from x office to y office

x office having cisco 2900XL

y office having 3548XL

i want loadbalance links or failover links

can some one send me the sample config

M.C. van den Bovenkamp 12-17-2003 03:29 PM

Re: Load Balancing 3 Ether Links

hari wrote:

> i have 3 links from x office to y office
> x office customers need to work on critical application
>
> so we have redundent fiber links from x office to y office
>
> x office having cisco 2900XL
>
> y office having 3548XL
>
> i want loadbalance links or failover links
>
> can some one send me the sample config

Look at EtherChannel:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...s.htm#xtocid15

Regards,

Marco.

John Llort 12-17-2003 09:12 PM

"hari" <hari_bhr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:b38cf70.0312170720.79934977@posting.google.co m...
> Hi
>
> i have 3 links from x office to y office
> x office customers need to work on critical application
>
> so we have redundent fiber links from x office to y office
>
> x office having cisco 2900XL
>
> y office having 3548XL
>
> i want loadbalance links or failover links
>
> can some one send me the sample config

Hire a technical consultant.

hari 12-18-2003 07:53 AM

Re: Load Balancing 3 Ether Links

Hi Den

thanks for URL, iam going the docs, lets see if i can fix this problem..

Mr Jhon, if i would have money to hire, why should i post here
if you know the answer, try to help people
every one know that, hiring a consultant

thanks for helping in this topic

Walter Roberson 12-18-2003 05:20 PM

Re: Load Balancing 3 Ether Links

In article <b38cf70.0312172353.48782630@posting.google.com> ,
hari <hari_bhr@yahoo.com> top-posted:
:"John Llort" <jllort@aol.com> wrote in message news:<brqgog$6cs5c$1@ID-155262.news.uni-berlin.de>...
:> "hari" <hari_bhr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
:> news:b38cf70.0312170720.79934977@posting.google.co m...

:> > i have 3 links from x office to y office
:> > x office customers need to work on critical application

:> > i want loadbalance links or failover links

:> Hire a technical consultant.

:Mr Jhon, if i would have money to hire, why should i post here
:if you know the answer, try to help people
:every one know that, hiring a consultant

Your original posting clearly said "critical application".
So, how long can you have that "critical application" be down
while you experiment and play with the loadbalancing and/or failover?

If the application really is "critical", you probably cannot
afford NOT to hire a consultant to do it for you. If you can
afford the mistakes that *will* be made in setting up load
balancing (or, even more so, failover), then the application
probably isn't "critical".

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk38...80094689.shtml

I've been working on a kernel
All the livelong night.
I've been working on a kernel
And it still won't work quite right. -- J. Benson & J. Doll

hari 12-19-2003 10:42 AM

Re: Load Balancing 3 Ether Links

Hi thanks for the suggestion Mr Robert

as i told before this application critical
so last nigth i have shifted tehm to other link
so i can make this load balance and move the load to again back

iam working on the same

so i will explain now again for my achivements

i have cisco 2900XL connected to X office

and other Office 3548XL Switch

and also i would have to talk to VLAN trunk port to my linux box
which is patched and compiled with VLAN configuration
and also running VLAN with single link
now i want to add another Link either Load balance or Failover

and i will create Group vlan in Linux box
and i will make in 2900XL switch port vlan according to the departments

examples

linux eth1.3
eth 1.4
eth1.5