Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Computer Information (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f41-computer-information.html)
-   -   AVI to MPEG converter (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t309946-avi-to-mpeg-converter.html)

Mike 02-28-2004 03:48 AM

AVI to MPEG converter
 
Does anyone know of a good (& free) one? I have tried the one included in my
video editing S/W. Quality after conversion is much lower.

--
TIA, Mike



colin 02-28-2004 01:12 PM

Re: AVI to MPEG converter
 

Mike <mike@nospam.ca> wrote in message
news:AcU%b.23832$A12.10543@edtnps84...
> Does anyone know of a good (& free) one? I have tried the one included in

my
> video editing S/W. Quality after conversion is much lower.
>
> --
> TIA, Mike
>
>


http://www.dvdrhelp.com/tmpgenc.htm

http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html
http://download.pegasys-inc.com/down...8.169-Free.zip



Dave Cardarelli 02-28-2004 01:34 PM

Re: AVI to MPEG converter
 
Try changing the avi suffix to mpeg or mpg. It worked for me but it might
depend on how your file assciations are set up.

--
Dave C.
cardarelliCUT@OUTc4.net

Please remove the two words CUT and OUT to reply to me directly.
================================================== ===
"colin" <colmac14@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:c1q453$1kf8u1$1@ID-124875.news.uni-berlin.de...
>
> Mike <mike@nospam.ca> wrote in message
> news:AcU%b.23832$A12.10543@edtnps84...
> > Does anyone know of a good (& free) one? I have tried the one included

in
> my
> > video editing S/W. Quality after conversion is much lower.
> >
> > --
> > TIA, Mike
> >
> >

>
> http://www.dvdrhelp.com/tmpgenc.htm
>
> http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html
>

http://download.pegasys-inc.com/down...8.169-Free.zip
>
>




Dave Cardarelli 02-28-2004 01:47 PM

Re: AVI to MPEG converter
 
Try changing the mpeg suffix sto avi. It might work. It has for me
depending how you have your file associations set up.

--
Dave C.
cardarelliCUT@OUTc4.net

Please remove the two words CUT and OUT to reply to me directly.
================================================== ===
"colin" <colmac14@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:c1q453$1kf8u1$1@ID-124875.news.uni-berlin.de...
>
> Mike <mike@nospam.ca> wrote in message
> news:AcU%b.23832$A12.10543@edtnps84...
> > Does anyone know of a good (& free) one? I have tried the one included

in
> my
> > video editing S/W. Quality after conversion is much lower.
> >
> > --
> > TIA, Mike
> >
> >

>
> http://www.dvdrhelp.com/tmpgenc.htm
>
> http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html
>

http://download.pegasys-inc.com/down...8.169-Free.zip
>
>




colin 02-28-2004 02:04 PM

Re: AVI to MPEG converter
 

Hi Dave

Encode your avi file with tmpgenc to mpg, and notice the difference in size.

colin

Dave Cardarelli <cardarelliCUT@OUTc4.net> wrote in message
news:4040991f.0@paperboy.c4.net...
> Try changing the avi suffix to mpeg or mpg. It worked for me but it might
> depend on how your file assciations are set up.
>
> --
> Dave C.
> cardarelliCUT@OUTc4.net
>
> Please remove the two words CUT and OUT to reply to me directly.
> ================================================== ===
> "colin" <colmac14@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:c1q453$1kf8u1$1@ID-124875.news.uni-berlin.de...
> >
> > Mike <mike@nospam.ca> wrote in message
> > news:AcU%b.23832$A12.10543@edtnps84...
> > > Does anyone know of a good (& free) one? I have tried the one included

> in
> > my
> > > video editing S/W. Quality after conversion is much lower.
> > >
> > > --
> > > TIA, Mike
> > >
> > >

> >
> > http://www.dvdrhelp.com/tmpgenc.htm
> >
> > http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html
> >

>

http://download.pegasys-inc.com/down...8.169-Free.zip
> >
> >

>
>




Nik Vansevenant 02-28-2004 04:56 PM

Re: AVI to MPEG converter
 
"Mike" <mike@nospam.ca> wrote in message news:<AcU%b.23832$A12.10543@edtnps84>...
> Does anyone know of a good (& free) one? I have tried the one included in my
> video editing S/W. Quality after conversion is much lower.


Have you tried this one:
http://downloads.zdnet.co.uk/0,39025...060707s,00.htm
http://www.winmpg.com/ it's a free trial
http://www.jhepple.com/AVI2MPEG.htm
http://onestopsoft.com/download.html

greetings
nik.vansevenant@pandora.be

http://members.benl.ebay.be/aboutme/doorsawake/

DeMoN LaG 02-28-2004 05:23 PM

Re: AVI to MPEG converter
 
"Dave Cardarelli" <cardarelliCUT@OUTc4.net> wrote in news:40409c2f.0
@paperboy.c4.net:

> Try changing the mpeg suffix sto avi. It might work. It has for me
> depending how you have your file associations set up.
>


How do you feel renaming the file improves it's quality?

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
website: under construction
Need a technician in the south Jersey area?
email/IM for rates/services

Dave Cardarelli 02-29-2004 09:30 PM

Re: AVI to MPEG converter
 
It did not improve quality at all and it stays about the same. On my
previous computer (Win98, PII or PIII, can't recall) for some reason or
other, I could not get my file associations (or did not know how) to set up
to read and play avi videos very well. Changing the suffix to mpeg played
them satisfactory. However, all is well on my P4 with XP.
--
Dave C.
cardarelliCUT@OUTc4.net

Please remove the two words CUT and OUT to reply to me directly.
================================================== ===
"DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
news:Xns949D7E0B511EEWobbly@208.42.66.156...
> "Dave Cardarelli" <cardarelliCUT@OUTc4.net> wrote in news:40409c2f.0
> @paperboy.c4.net:
>
> > Try changing the mpeg suffix sto avi. It might work. It has for me
> > depending how you have your file associations set up.
> >

>
> How do you feel renaming the file improves it's quality?
>
> --
> AIM: FrznFoodClerk
> email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
> website: under construction
> Need a technician in the south Jersey area?
> email/IM for rates/services




Professor 03-02-2004 10:33 PM

Re: AVI to MPEG converter
 
There is a program that converts from any format to to any format and I
think it is by Blaze. You can use it free for 14 days.
"Mike" <mike@nospam.ca> wrote in message
news:AcU%b.23832$A12.10543@edtnps84...
> Does anyone know of a good (& free) one? I have tried the one included in

my
> video editing S/W. Quality after conversion is much lower.
>
> --
> TIA, Mike
>
>




Professor 03-07-2004 07:47 PM

Re: AVI to MPEG converter
 
Blaze can convert from any format to any other and it is free for two weeks.
"colin" <colmac14@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:c1q453$1kf8u1$1@ID-124875.news.uni-berlin.de...
>
> Mike <mike@nospam.ca> wrote in message
> news:AcU%b.23832$A12.10543@edtnps84...
> > Does anyone know of a good (& free) one? I have tried the one included

in
> my
> > video editing S/W. Quality after conversion is much lower.
> >
> > --
> > TIA, Mike
> >
> >

>
> http://www.dvdrhelp.com/tmpgenc.htm
>
> http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html
>

http://download.pegasys-inc.com/down...8.169-Free.zip
>
>





All times are GMT. The time now is 05:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.