Velocity Reviews

-   -   Can't see drive (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t309839-cant-see-drive.html)

Crooker 02-19-2004 11:16 AM

Can't see drive

I'm trying to image a 6gb drive to an 80gb drive on a PC which is about 5
years old. Windows 98 sees the 80 gb drive for its full capacity. I've
installed Ghost 2003 and Drive image 2002 and neither of them sees the 80gb
drive, however, the 80gb drive does show up in Windows. BTW, the primary 6gb
drive is the primary master. The 80gb drive is secondary master. Anyone have
any clue?

Thank

Wizard 02-19-2004 11:55 AM

Re: Can't see drive

Doesn't sound like the drive is supported in the BIOS or it isn't
partition and formatted.

Crooker 02-19-2004 12:00 PM

Re: Can't see drive

It is formatted and partitioned, however, I'm not sure if the BIOS supports
it. I assumed that since it showed up with the correct size in Win98, the
BIOS supported it. I'm I wrong in thinking that?

Thanks so much

Thor 02-19-2004 01:36 PM

Re: Can't see drive

"Crooker" <armando20_02@msn.com> wrote in message
> It is formatted and partitioned, however, I'm not sure if the BIOS

supports
> it. I assumed that since it showed up with the correct size in Win98, the
> BIOS supported it. I'm I wrong in thinking that?

It sounds very much like a BIOS issue. Ghost would see the drive if the BIOS
supported it properly.