Velocity Reviews

-   -   Saving pic within .pdf file? Possible? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t309818-saving-pic-within-pdf-file-possible.html)

FERRANTE 02-18-2004 12:10 AM

Saving pic within .pdf file? Possible?

I opened the front page of today's Cleveland Plain Dealer and would
like to save one of the pics. However, since it opens as a .pdf file,
I cannot find a way to save the pic. Is there a way?

Thanks,
mark

Bax 02-18-2004 12:14 AM

Re: Saving pic within .pdf file? Possible?

Unless you have the full Adobe product, it is difficult to do directly.
One brute force way is to use the PrintScrn button to capture the screen
image and paste it into a graphics application.

Thor 02-18-2004 12:18 AM

Re: Saving pic within .pdf file? Possible?

not unless the document's author allowed it, which is unlikely in a
copyrighted piece, I would guess. You might try a screen capture though.
With the PDF document and the picture on screen, press the "print screen"
button on the keyboard, and then open the windows paint program, and choose
"paste" from the edit menu. It should create a screen capture bitmap
complete with the picture you wanted. You may have to crop out the other
window elements though to get just the picture you wanted.

mcp6453 02-18-2004 12:53 AM

FERRANTE wrote:

> I opened the front page of today's Cleveland Plain Dealer and would
> like to save one of the pics. However, since it opens as a .pdf file,
> I cannot find a way to save the pic. Is there a way?
>
> Thanks,
> mark

If you have the full version of Acrobat, you can extract pictures. If
you don't have it, and if you want to email it to me, I'll try to do it
for you.