Velocity Reviews

-   -   HELP!! RAID 1 wont work after New Windows XP Install (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t309754-help-raid-1-wont-work-after-new-windows-xp-install.html)

Jay 02-12-2004 03:25 AM

HELP!! RAID 1 wont work after New Windows XP Install

I just finished intalling Windows XP Pro and I cannot access the data that
was stored on my RAID 1 disks!! I installed the Promise driver and all I can
see now is an unpartitioned space corresponding to my 2 mirrored f\drives.

I have an Asus P4PE Motherboard with an integrated Promise SATA Raid 0/1
controller. All my data was residing on the 2 mirrored drive that stayed
untouched in the process and I formatted and installed Windows on a 3rd ATA
133 drive hooked up to the IDE channel 0.

Is there something I can do 5to recover my data? Should I delete and rebuilt
the array?

Help!!

Jay

DeMoN LaG 02-12-2004 04:32 AM

Re: HELP!! RAID 1 wont work after New Windows XP Install

"Jay" <elsajoja@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Is there something I can do 5to recover my data? Should I delete and
> rebuilt the array?

Is this a hardware RAID array or did you set it up through Windows? If the
former, what does your RAID BIOS say about the status of the mirror? If
the latter, you'll have to import the set into your new OS installation (I
forget the term for this, but it's in the right click menu in disk
management). The last thing you should do is delete and rebuild anything,
as that pretty much wipes out any chance of you being able to restore your
data.

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)