Velocity Reviews

-   -   cd help (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t309692-cd-help.html)

Koch 02-05-2004 09:48 PM

cd help

Hi All -
I don't know if this is relevant to this NG, but the NG for
digital cameras is useless.
I have a cannon S-30 digital camera. I Nero 5 to burn the photos
onto a CD. I would like to add music at the same time.
Can anyone help or refer me to an appropriate NG?
TIA
Bill

Night_Seer 02-05-2004 10:15 PM

Re: cd help

Koch wrote:
> Hi All -
> I don't know if this is relevant to this NG, but the NG for
> digital cameras is useless.
> I have a cannon S-30 digital camera. I Nero 5 to burn the photos
> onto a CD. I would like to add music at the same time.
> Can anyone help or refer me to an appropriate NG?
> TIA
> Bill

This is easily done. What happens is Nero burns a multi session CD.
Most regular audio CD players can only read the first session and the
second session is therefore lost to them, so Nero can put music on the
first session like an audio CD, and then data in the second such as
pictures. Under type of CD to burn, choose multi format or some such
thing. Now if what you are looking for is to be able to make some sort
of slide show, that's different, and will need some special cd authoring
software to do it. I'm not sure if nero 5 has it, but nero 6 ultra
edition certainly does, and you can get a discount for an upgrade. My
father uses Easy Cd creator to do it, but I prefer Nero. Hope this
helps.

--
Night_Seer

Thor 02-05-2004 10:27 PM

Re: cd help

Do you want to create a slideshow-type disc with background music, or do you
simply wish to add normal music tracks along with data files? If the latter,
you can make a mixed-mode CD with Nero. It will give you two compilation
windows. One for the data files (picture files), and one for the audio
tracks.

Trent© 02-06-2004 03:47 AM

Re: cd help

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 16:48:11 -0500, Koch <wkoch@bcpl.net> wrote:

>Hi All -
>I don't know if this is relevant to this NG, but the NG for
>digital cameras is useless.
>I have a cannon S-30 digital camera. I Nero 5 to burn the photos
>onto a CD. I would like to add music at the same time.
>Can anyone help or refer me to an appropriate NG?

Thor covered the first part very well, Bill.

If its the 2nd part that yer lookin' for, go here...

http://www.dvd-photo-slideshow.com/features.html

Good luck.

Have a nice week...

Trent