Velocity Reviews

-   -   Reboot PC problem (spyware), help! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t309672-reboot-pc-problem-spyware-help.html)

Fogar 02-04-2004 03:16 PM

Reboot PC problem (spyware), help!

Hi,
after AD-Aware has run and after I having deleted some dangerous
files:
Actalert.exe, Internet Optimizer, manage.exe, etc.
when I make the reboot of my PC Start/turn off, manage.exe
my PC doesn't reboot correctly anymore but when I go to Start/turn
off, it opens a window tells me that it cannot turn off the PC because
thereis a "rundll32.exe" running.
"The application doesn't work", then after some clicks it turns off.
I have also deleted their keys in Regedit.
What can I do if I want turning off my PC correctly?
Thanks

bye Fogar

Will Dormann 02-04-2004 04:07 PM

Re: Reboot PC problem (spyware), help!

Fogar wrote:

> Hi,
> after AD-Aware has run and after I having deleted some dangerous
> files:
> Actalert.exe, Internet Optimizer, manage.exe, etc.
> when I make the reboot of my PC Start/turn off, manage.exe
> my PC doesn't reboot correctly anymore but when I go to Start/turn
> off, it opens a window tells me that it cannot turn off the PC because
> thereis a "rundll32.exe" running.
> "The application doesn't work", then after some clicks it turns off.
> I have also deleted their keys in Regedit.
> What can I do if I want turning off my PC correctly?

Try running Spybot to see if there's anything that Ad-aware missed.

-WD

Fogar 02-04-2004 05:39 PM

Re: Reboot PC problem (spyware), help!

>Try running Spybot to see if there's anything that Ad-aware missed.

I have just used Spybot but the problem is the same.

bye Fogar

lin 02-04-2004 06:59 PM

"Fogar" <alvmos@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:5532209u2ljsmu7rqf7meb85g4h9hkehe1@4ax.com...
> Hi,
> after AD-Aware has run and after I having deleted some dangerous
> files:
> Actalert.exe, Internet Optimizer, manage.exe, etc.
> when I make the reboot of my PC Start/turn off, manage.exe
> my PC doesn't reboot correctly anymore but when I go to Start/turn
> off, it opens a window tells me that it cannot turn off the PC because
> thereis a "rundll32.exe" running.
> "The application doesn't work", then after some clicks it turns off.
> I have also deleted their keys in Regedit.
> What can I do if I want turning off my PC correctly?
> Thanks
>
> bye Fogar

You don't say what OS you are running but in XP Start>Run> Type sfc /scannow
the computer will check to make sure all the system files are not corrupt. If it finds any corrupt files it restores them from the CD.

In windows 98 the command is just sfc

HTH
tree

---

June 02-04-2004 09:07 PM

Re: Reboot PC problem (spyware), help!

I know this is a little late but I've had adaware corrupt or delete drivers
when I used it on my brother's computer. I always check to see what's it's
deleting now....

Dirk 02-04-2004 11:27 PM

Re: Reboot PC problem (spyware), help!

"June" <fakename@fake.com> schreef in bericht
> I know this is a little late but I've had adaware corrupt or delete

drivers
> when I used it on my brother's computer. I always check to see what's

it's
> deleting now....

B**L S**T. Ad-aware doesn't corrupt nor delete drivers. Neither does Spybot
S&D.
By removing adware it could hamper your "ad-supported" software thats all.

Dirk 02-04-2004 11:29 PM

Re: Reboot PC problem (spyware), help!

"Fogar" <alvmos@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> Hi,
> after AD-Aware has run and after I having deleted some dangerous
> files:
> Actalert.exe, Internet Optimizer, manage.exe, etc.
> when I make the reboot of my PC Start/turn off, manage.exe
> my PC doesn't reboot correctly anymore but when I go to Start/turn
> off, it opens a window tells me that it cannot turn off the PC because
> thereis a "rundll32.exe" running.
> "The application doesn't work", then after some clicks it turns off.
> I have also deleted their keys in Regedit.
> What can I do if I want turning off my PC correctly?
> Thanks
>
> bye Fogar

Run Hijackthis and post the scan-log in the forum.
www.tomcoyote.com/hjt

Fogar 02-04-2004 11:57 PM

Re: Reboot PC problem (spyware), help!

>You don't say what OS you are running but in XP Start>Run> Type sfc /scannow
>the computer will check to make sure all the system files are not corrupt. If it finds any corrupt files it restores them from the CD.
>
>In windows 98 the command is just sfc

I have Win XP, I don't understand your reply,
what can I do precisely, please?
Thanks

bye Fogar

Trent© 02-05-2004 03:43 AM

On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 15:16:08 GMT, Fogar <alvmos@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>after AD-Aware has run and after I having deleted some dangerous
>files:
>Actalert.exe, Internet Optimizer, manage.exe, etc.
>when I make the reboot of my PC Start/turn off, manage.exe
>my PC doesn't reboot correctly anymore but when I go to Start/turn
>off, it opens a window tells me that it cannot turn off the PC because
>thereis a "rundll32.exe" running.
>"The application doesn't work", then after some clicks it turns off.
>I have also deleted their keys in Regedit.
>What can I do if I want turning off my PC correctly?
>Thanks
>
> bye Fogar

Check your Event Viewer.

Also, turn off Synchronization in IE.

Have a nice week...

Trent

Fogar 02-05-2004 05:53 PM

Re: Reboot PC problem (spyware), help!

>Check your Event Viewer.
>
>Also, turn off Synchronization in IE.

Can you tell me what have I do precisely, please?
I have ever done them.
thanks