Velocity Reviews

-   -   add better video card to an intergrated video card?? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t309628-add-better-video-card-to-an-intergrated-video-card.html)

BillKirch 02-01-2004 08:23 AM

Can you add a better video card to a computer that has an intergrated video
card on the motherboard? BG

DeMoN LaG 02-01-2004 08:42 AM

Re: add better video card to an intergrated video card??

baldguy96@aol.comnoads (BillKirch) wrote in

> Can you add a better video card to a computer that has an intergrated
> video card on the motherboard? BG

Depends. Depends on what the integrated card is, and what motherboard it
is. Most integrated boards do not have an AGP slot, so that limits you to
a PCI card which really won't perform that great anyway but probably better
than most onboard graphics chipsets. More information would be useful.

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

Wizard 02-01-2004 02:01 PM

Re: add better video card to an intergrated video card??

Yes.

chuckieŽ 02-01-2004 05:56 PM

Re: add better video card to an intergrated video card??

Most of the time, yes, some OEM m/b's have a problem with the Radeon series...luck...

Tom Dyer 02-01-2004 11:10 PM

Re: add better video card to an intergrated video card??

YES YOU CAN

I currently have 3 monitors connected to my system. One on the integrated
card and the other two on pci graphics cards. They all work perfectly well
with games and dvds and is actually quite useful.

--
Tom Dyer BEng