Velocity Reviews

-   -   Caller id spoofing (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t309523-caller-id-spoofing.html)

Vince Slevin 01-24-2004 06:03 AM

Caller id spoofing

How do you change the name and number of you so their caller id will show
someone else? It sounds cool and I want to know how you do it. Anyone kno
how? Thanks

Amigo Entertainments 01-24-2004 08:23 AM

Re: Caller id spoofing

"Vince Slevin" <nospam@ihatespam.com> wrote in message
"How do you change the name and number of you so their caller id will show
someone else? It sounds cool and I want to know how you do it. Anyone kno
how? Thanks"

You can't. It's enabled on the line card cluster in the exchange. The easy
way to spoof it is use someone elses line.

Robert Baer 01-24-2004 08:36 AM

Re: Caller id spoofing

Amigo Entertainments wrote:

> "Vince Slevin" <nospam@ihatespam.com> wrote in message
> "How do you change the name and number of you so their caller id will show
> someone else? It sounds cool and I want to know how you do it. Anyone kno
> how? Thanks"
>
> You can't. It's enabled on the line card cluster in the exchange. The easy
> way to spoof it is use someone elses line.

....or use a calling card....

Representative Trantis 02-01-2004 01:39 PM

Re: Caller id spoofing

Apart from using someone else's phone line, or witholding your number, if
their caller display displays names, you could change it so that your name
displays someone else's, apart from that nothing.

Lucky225 02-17-2004 08:33 PM

Re: Caller id spoofing

HAH! http://www.verizonfears.com/callerid.html

There are actually quite a few ways to spoof Caller ID. The most
popular are PRI ISDN PBX spoofing, Social Engineering telco operators
into changing the phone number for you, using Voice over IP and
asterisk, and there is one more way that I will not post publicly yet.

Lucky225 02-17-2004 08:34 PM

Re: Caller id spoofing

You can also use special hardware or software known as 'orangeboxing',
but that's not really spoofing.

Todd Howard 02-18-2004 02:35 AM

Re: Caller id spoofing

someone has a subscription to "2600" Magazine..... ;)
TH
news:ee6fd48a.0402171234.12519c9a@posting.google.c om...

Lucky225 02-18-2004 06:26 AM

Re: Caller id spoofing

*ahem* lifetime subscription b/c he writes for the magazine *ahem*

Todd Howard 02-18-2004 10:19 PM

Re: Caller id spoofing

lol.....good, keep up the good work.....
news:ee6fd48a.0402172226.47b7fafe@posting.google.c om...