Velocity Reviews

-   -   All in one audio recorder/player? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t309480-all-in-one-audio-recorder-player.html)

John 01-19-2004 07:58 PM

All in one audio recorder/player?

Hi.

I just wondered what programs you can recommend as a good all in one
audio recorder/player that can do most major audio formats?

Thanks

John

Night_Seer 01-19-2004 11:42 PM

Re: All in one audio recorder/player?

John wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I just wondered what programs you can recommend as a good all in one
> audio recorder/player that can do most major audio formats?
>
> Thanks
>
> John

Do you mean can encode or can just record and play. What kind of
formats do you need to record in (most will record in wav format, and
then need to encode that to MP3.)

--
Night_Seer

John 01-20-2004 06:32 PM

Re: All in one audio recorder/player?

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 15:42:20 -0800, "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4 at hotmail
dot com> wrote:

>John wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I just wondered what programs you can recommend as a good all in one
>> audio recorder/player that can do most major audio formats?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> John

>Do you mean can encode or can just record and play. What kind of
>formats do you need to record in (most will record in wav format, and
>then need to encode that to MP3.)

Hi. I'd like one that does everything. Records and plays most
formats and converts them as well.

I like the mpa format for web stuff as it doesn't take a lot of space.
Wav for top quality, MP3 for compressed but okay quality.

Thanks

John

Night_Seer 01-20-2004 09:30 PM

John wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 15:42:20 -0800, "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4 at hotmail
> dot com> wrote:
>
>> John wrote:
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> I just wondered what programs you can recommend as a good all in one
>>> audio recorder/player that can do most major audio formats?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> John

>> Do you mean can encode or can just record and play. What kind of
>> formats do you need to record in (most will record in wav format, and
>> then need to encode that to MP3.)

> Hi. I'd like one that does everything. Records and plays most
> formats and converts them as well.
>
> I like the mpa format for web stuff as it doesn't take a lot of space.
> Wav for top quality, MP3 for compressed but okay quality.
>
> Thanks
>
> John

That's a toughie...I find using specific programs for each thing is much
better. SO I can't really help you out there. What I do is use Winamp
for playback (it can do some MP3s and wavs as well as CD burning with
special add ons), and use EAC for ripping and encoding. You also might
want to look at FLAC as a high quality alternative. It is a lossless
format (will sound exactly like your wavs), but at half the size.

--
Night_Seer