Velocity Reviews

-   -   AVOID YAHOO!! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t309446-avoid-yahoo.html)

Howard Davis 01-17-2004 09:03 PM

AVOID YAHOO!!

I made the mistake of subscribing to a Yahoo discussion group, even though I
had technical problems with them in the past. I specifically indicated on
signing up that I did NOT want to receive emails of all the posts to the
group, which you have the option to do.

Guess what? I started receiving DOZENS of emails daily, all posts to the
group. I requested this be stopped, and was told to go to the preferences
page and make sure I had indicated I didn't want them. The page showed I had
so indicated, and still they kept coming.

I was advised to unsubscribe and resubscribe to the group. This didn't help
either.

Then a few days ago I unsubscribed from the group entirely, but I STILL get
dozens of emails daily, all posts to the group! It doesn't help to killfile
the emails, as they all have different source addresses.

What is wrong with these YAHOO IDIOTS?

Kenny Cargill 01-17-2004 09:27 PM

Re: AVOID YAHOO!!

Some time ago I subscribed to a Yahoo TV engineers group and the amount of
spam I've started receiving since is unbelievable. Like you I am still
receiving all the s**t even though I have unsuscribed so I can vouch for
what you say.

--

Kenny

"Cigarettes are killers that travel in packs."

George 01-17-2004 10:53 PM

Re: AVOID YAHOO!!

Some of it comes either directly from Yahoo or directly from Yahoo
employees. Case in point: When I registered, I listed my name as "Anon
Ymous" along with my real home mailing address. Well, lo and behold, I
actually received "brick and mortar" junk mail addressed to "Anon Ymous" at
my home address. Obviously, I've never given out "Anon Ymous" as my name
anywhere but on Yahoo. My take is that they are not trustworthy or hire
questionable people.

John S. MacKay 01-17-2004 11:47 PM

Re: AVOID YAHOO!!

[...]

I organized a radio club on Yahoo. I had it
"listed" so that prospective persons could join. Next thing I knew, Yahoo
was complaining that I was not answering e-mails and we were suspended
until I took appropriate action. Well, what had happened was that my
computer had a system to block "inappropriate" junk and it was doing just
that. Ultimately I sent some of the porno ads, coming in from Yahoo sites
to the club page, back to the Yahoo administrators for consideration. The
net result was thay "de-listed" the club and nobody has joined since. Come
to think of it, I am not sure how to navigate to the club page although
there seems to be no impediment to e-mail exchange.. Just my experience in
a nut-shell. VE7AFN.