Velocity Reviews

-   -   Belkin KVM making a high pitched whine - defective??? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t309374-belkin-kvm-making-a-high-pitched-whine-defective.html)

Adam Steiner 01-12-2004 11:21 PM

Belkin KVM making a high pitched whine - defective???

Hi,

Just got myself a 4 port Belkin Omniview KVM switch. As soon as I plugged
the monitor (AOC 19" Flat CRT) into the Console video port, the switch
started making a really high pitched whining sound. When I plugged the VGA
cable into my PC (from the switch) it lessened slightly. When I removed the
monitor from the switch the whine ceased completely. I use this monitor
every day (in fact it's what I'm using now). So I'm wondering, is the
switch defective?

Thanks in advance,

--Adam

Thor 01-13-2004 02:10 PM

Re: Belkin KVM making a high pitched whine - defective???

"Adam Steiner" <adam@NOstudent-SPAMcomputers.THANKScom> wrote in message
news:709dd0aa091ff13db75eb90b59098d12@news.teranew s.com...
> Hi,
>
> Just got myself a 4 port Belkin Omniview KVM switch. As soon as I

plugged
> the monitor (AOC 19" Flat CRT) into the Console video port, the switch
> started making a really high pitched whining sound. When I plugged the

VGA
> cable into my PC (from the switch) it lessened slightly. When I removed

the
> monitor from the switch the whine ceased completely. I use this monitor
> every day (in fact it's what I'm using now). So I'm wondering, is the
> switch defective?

I would call Belkin and ask them about it.

Adam Steiner 01-13-2004 03:19 PM

"Thor" <man@arms.com> wrote in message

> "Adam Steiner" <adam@NOstudent-SPAMcomputers.THANKScom> wrote in message
> news:709dd0aa091ff13db75eb90b59098d12@news.teranew s.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just got myself a 4 port Belkin Omniview KVM switch. As soon as I

> plugged
> > the monitor (AOC 19" Flat CRT) into the Console video port, the switch
> > started making a really high pitched whining sound. When I plugged the

> VGA
> > cable into my PC (from the switch) it lessened slightly. When I removed

> the
> > monitor from the switch the whine ceased completely. I use this

monitor
> > every day (in fact it's what I'm using now). So I'm wondering, is the
> > switch defective?

> I would call Belkin and ask them about it.

Update: Plugged it into a friends monitor and it did the same thing.
Borrowed someone's elses KVM switch (different brand) and it didn't.
Sounds like a plan.
Thanks.