Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to Verify Programs Running with Installed Programs? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t309346-how-to-verify-programs-running-with-installed-programs.html)

Edge 01-11-2004 03:12 AM

How to Verify Programs Running with Installed Programs?

Is there a way to associate the names of the programs running (when pressing
alt_cntrl_del) with actual installed programs? Some of the names are
obvious, so no problem there (systray - system tray), but others are not
(hpztsb06 -?).

TIA

DeMoN LaG 01-11-2004 03:38 AM

Re: How to Verify Programs Running with Installed Programs?

"Edge" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in

> Is there a way to associate the names of the programs running (when
> pressing alt_cntrl_del) with actual installed programs? Some of the
> names are obvious, so no problem there (systray - system tray), but
> others are not (hpztsb06 -?).

Do you wish to post your operating system version? NT/2000/XP already
shows you the filename running.

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

HF 01-11-2004 02:08 PM

Re: How to Verify Programs Running with Installed Programs?

Depending on your OS try Run - msconfig and use the slider
"Edge" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message
> Is there a way to associate the names of the programs running (when

pressing
> alt_cntrl_del) with actual installed programs? Some of the names are
> obvious, so no problem there (systray - system tray), but others are not
> (hpztsb06 -?).
>
> TIA

---

Thor 01-11-2004 02:26 PM

Re: How to Verify Programs Running with Installed Programs?

"Edge" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message
> Is there a way to associate the names of the programs running (when

pressing
> alt_cntrl_del) with actual installed programs? Some of the names are
> obvious, so no problem there (systray - system tray), but others are not
> (hpztsb06 -?).

Just to add to Demon's comments, the HPxxxxx you mentioned is part of HP
printer and scanner software. So I assume you have such a device?

Michael-NC 01-11-2004 03:32 PM

Re: How to Verify Programs Running with Installed Programs?

www.google.com

Just paste in the file name and search.

Edge 01-14-2004 11:04 PM

"Thor" <man@arms.com> wrote in message

> "Edge" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message
> > Is there a way to associate the names of the programs running (when

> pressing
> > alt_cntrl_del) with actual installed programs? Some of the names are
> > obvious, so no problem there (systray - system tray), but others are not
> > (hpztsb06 -?).

> Just to add to Demon's comments, the HPxxxxx you mentioned is part of HP
> printer and scanner software. So I assume you have such a device?

I'm running Win95A . Yes, I do have an HP printer..

Calvin Crumrine 01-15-2004 12:05 AM

Thor wrote:
> "Edge" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message
>
>>Is there a way to associate the names of the programs running (when

> pressing
>
>>alt_cntrl_del) with actual installed programs? Some of the names are
>>obvious, so no problem there (systray - system tray), but others are not
>>(hpztsb06 -?).

> Just to add to Demon's comments, the HPxxxxx you mentioned is part of HP
> printer and scanner software. So I assume you have such a device?

And the question is, how do you determine this? Other than by asking
more knowledgeable persons, of course. For example, on my system (Win2K,
BTW) I currently see a process called xfr.exe

I assure you that I have *not* installed any application called xfr.
Obviously however, one of the applications I *have* installed has
installed this program/file. The question is, which one did it?

DeMoN LaG 01-15-2004 07:06 AM

Re: How to Verify Programs Running with Installed Programs?

Calvin Crumrine <noneof@yourbusiness.com> wrote in

> And the question is, how do you determine this? Other than by asking
> more knowledgeable persons, of course. For example, on my system (Win2K,
> BTW) I currently see a process called xfr.exe
>
> I assure you that I have *not* installed any application called xfr.
> Obviously however, one of the applications I *have* installed has
> installed this program/file. The question is, which one did it?

http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.p...e&count=&type=
According to that:
Intel File Transfer U xfr.exe Part of Intel's LANDesk
Management Suite 6 and the Common Base Agent (CBA) - used for communicating
between the core server and managed clients

Edge 01-19-2004 11:24 PM

Edge 01-19-2004 11:35 PM

Ignore- Duplicate Post Re: How to Verify Programs Running with Installed Programs?