Velocity Reviews

-   -   AntiSpam programs (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t309037-antispam-programs.html)

Charles Denroche 12-20-2003 08:02 PM

AntiSpam programs

I have tried to install various anti-spam programs on an XP machine,
preferably free ones. So far without success. Any advice on cutting out
the best part of a daily influx of close on a hundred American
pornographic sales Spam. Something simple and easy to install.
Any help would be much appreciated.
--
Charles

Duane Arnold 12-20-2003 11:07 PM

Re: AntiSpam programs

Charles Denroche <charles@dalkey.demon.co.uk> wrote in news:F4LiOXHtrK5
$EwPc@dalkey.demon.co.uk:

> I have tried to install various anti-spam programs on an XP machine,
> preferably free ones. So far without success. Any advice on cutting out
> the best part of a daily influx of close on a hundred American
> pornographic sales Spam. Something simple and easy to install.
> Any help would be much appreciated.

If you're using OE, then I'll assume it's the part about emails setting
in the INBOX.

What I do is I have taken OE out of its sending and receiving emails on a
timed basis and at start-up. I also have set OE so that that I must use
the Send/Recv Button to send or receive the emails. If sending the email,
the the emails is held in the Outbox, then you use the Send/Recv button.

I use Mailwasher (free) and I removed all short-cuts from the desktop
that allows me to start IE, which can be started from with in Mailwasher.

I put Mailwasher in the Start-up folder and Mailwasher is on a timed
basis while setting in the jobtray. Doing that allows me to see the
emails at the ISP and delete them. If anything is left after the
deletion, the I can start OE through Mailwasher and do the Send/Recv
thing to pull the wanted emails to the Inbox.

Ninty-nine percent of the emails I get are trash that is deleted at the
ISP and never pulled to OE. However, I use Outlook not OE and it works
the same way.

I use to use the Mailwasher filter featues, but have abondon that and
don't use the Bounce Back feature, which is useless.

Duane :)