Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Computer Information (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f41-computer-information.html)
-   -   CD writer recognition by Nero (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t309015-cd-writer-recognition-by-nero.html)

Ardent 12-19-2003 12:27 AM

CD writer recognition by Nero
 
X-No-Archive: yes

I have Nero 5.5.7.6 which came with the Samsung CDRW. Now I have an LG
with which was bundled Nero Express 5.5.9.9

5.5.9.9 is good but it does not provide for manual settings and so I
would like to use 5.5.7.6 with the LG

However 5.5.7.6 does not recognize the LG CDRW but only creates an
image file.

Is there any way I can make 5.5.7.6 recognize the LG?

TIA for your time and attention

Note: If this is not the right Group for this query please tell me
group to which I should subscribe and post this question.
--
Sandy Archer
Reply to newsgroups only

DeMoN LaG 12-19-2003 01:20 AM

Re: CD writer recognition by Nero
 
Ardent <iam@here.com> wrote in
news:0ea17dc2d93067e9ae9d9e3f4ceb261c@news.teranew s.com:

> Is there any way I can make 5.5.7.6 recognize the LG?


The problem has nothing to do with the version. You have two copies of
nero that are each tied to the drive they were shipped with.

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
website: under construction
Need a technician in the south Jersey area?
email/IM for rates/services

Thor 12-19-2003 02:50 AM

Re: CD writer recognition by Nero
 

"DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
news:Xns9455CE916FF3FWobbly@216.168.3.30...
> Ardent <iam@here.com> wrote in
> news:0ea17dc2d93067e9ae9d9e3f4ceb261c@news.teranew s.com:
>
> > Is there any way I can make 5.5.7.6 recognize the LG?

>
> The problem has nothing to do with the version. You have two copies of
> nero that are each tied to the drive they were shipped with.


No Demon, I disagree. In my experience, drive manufacturers have never
shipped versions of Nero that are tied to their specific make/model of
drive. I'm certain the problem is that the version he's using isn't new
enough to support the newer drive's operating parameters. I've seen it and
dealt with it many times. Practically every update of a Nero version
includes support for a list of new drives. You just have to update to the
newer version to make it work.





Oldus Fartus 12-19-2003 03:03 AM

Re: CD writer recognition by Nero
 
Thor wrote:

> "DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
> news:Xns9455CE916FF3FWobbly@216.168.3.30...
>
>>Ardent <iam@here.com> wrote in
>>news:0ea17dc2d93067e9ae9d9e3f4ceb261c@news.teran ews.com:
>>
>>
>>>Is there any way I can make 5.5.7.6 recognize the LG?

>>
>>The problem has nothing to do with the version. You have two copies of
>>nero that are each tied to the drive they were shipped with.

>
>
> No Demon, I disagree. In my experience, drive manufacturers have never
> shipped versions of Nero that are tied to their specific make/model of
> drive. I'm certain the problem is that the version he's using isn't new
> enough to support the newer drive's operating parameters. I've seen it and
> dealt with it many times. Practically every update of a Nero version
> includes support for a list of new drives. You just have to update to the
> newer version to make it work.
>
>

I wouldn't say never Thor. My three burners all have bundled copies of
Nero tied to the particular burner, but only for installation. They
are two Liteon, and one MSI.

I have never had the problem the OP has had though. Generally I have
found that once the software has been installed the drive has been able
to be swapped without the software suddenly stopping working. It may
not give the full range of features, but still works.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus


Livewire 12-19-2003 11:25 AM

Re: CD writer recognition by Nero
 
In article <vu4pnlmkk6gh1c@corp.supernews.com>, man@arms.com says...
>
> "DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
> news:Xns9455CE916FF3FWobbly@216.168.3.30...
> > Ardent <iam@here.com> wrote in
> > news:0ea17dc2d93067e9ae9d9e3f4ceb261c@news.teranew s.com:
> >
> > > Is there any way I can make 5.5.7.6 recognize the LG?

> >
> > The problem has nothing to do with the version. You have two copies of
> > nero that are each tied to the drive they were shipped with.

>
> No Demon, I disagree. In my experience, drive manufacturers have never
> shipped versions of Nero that are tied to their specific make/model of
> drive.


Oh yes they have. I have seen it very often with Nero. However when you
try to use it with the wrong drive it makes it very clear why it won't
work.



Thor 12-19-2003 02:02 PM

Re: CD writer recognition by Nero
 

"Livewire" <livewire_100@NOSPAM.lycos.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1a4cf07fb9173b249896c8@news.eclipse.co.uk ...
> In article <vu4pnlmkk6gh1c@corp.supernews.com>, man@arms.com says...
> >
> > "DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
> > news:Xns9455CE916FF3FWobbly@216.168.3.30...
> > > Ardent <iam@here.com> wrote in
> > > news:0ea17dc2d93067e9ae9d9e3f4ceb261c@news.teranew s.com:
> > >
> > > > Is there any way I can make 5.5.7.6 recognize the LG?
> > >
> > > The problem has nothing to do with the version. You have two copies

of
> > > nero that are each tied to the drive they were shipped with.

> >
> > No Demon, I disagree. In my experience, drive manufacturers have never
> > shipped versions of Nero that are tied to their specific make/model of
> > drive.

>
> Oh yes they have. I have seen it very often with Nero. However when you
> try to use it with the wrong drive it makes it very clear why it won't
> work.


Well, I have about 8 different Nero bundled discs from over the last few
years from version 4xx up through 6xx, and none of them were tied to
specific drive makes they were shipped with. Never seen one that was. If
some are that way, it's a pretty absurd idea, because if you already have a
burner, and you want to simply add another (or a DVD burner), it would work
with one burner, and not the other. Why the hell would Ahead software allow
their product to be so crippled? In any case, you could just simply download
the latest update from Nero, and it should work, because the updates
overwrite the previous program version anyway.



Oldus Fartus 12-19-2003 02:15 PM

Re: CD writer recognition by Nero
 
Thor wrote:

> "Livewire" <livewire_100@NOSPAM.lycos.com> wrote in message
> news:MPG.1a4cf07fb9173b249896c8@news.eclipse.co.uk ...
>
>>In article <vu4pnlmkk6gh1c@corp.supernews.com>, man@arms.com says...
>>
>>>"DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
>>>news:Xns9455CE916FF3FWobbly@216.168.3.30...
>>>
>>>>Ardent <iam@here.com> wrote in
>>>>news:0ea17dc2d93067e9ae9d9e3f4ceb261c@news.ter anews.com:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>Is there any way I can make 5.5.7.6 recognize the LG?
>>>>
>>>>The problem has nothing to do with the version. You have two copies

>
> of
>
>>>>nero that are each tied to the drive they were shipped with.
>>>
>>>No Demon, I disagree. In my experience, drive manufacturers have never
>>>shipped versions of Nero that are tied to their specific make/model of
>>>drive.

>>
>>Oh yes they have. I have seen it very often with Nero. However when you
>>try to use it with the wrong drive it makes it very clear why it won't
>>work.

>
>
> Well, I have about 8 different Nero bundled discs from over the last few
> years from version 4xx up through 6xx, and none of them were tied to
> specific drive makes they were shipped with. Never seen one that was. If
> some are that way, it's a pretty absurd idea, because if you already have a
> burner, and you want to simply add another (or a DVD burner), it would work
> with one burner, and not the other. Why the hell would Ahead software allow
> their product to be so crippled? In any case, you could just simply download
> the latest update from Nero, and it should work, because the updates
> overwrite the previous program version anyway.
>
>


Very strange that you haven't come across it Thor with your experience.

Strangely enough, your comment about adding a second burner does not
seem to bother the tied versions I have seen - it is only when
installing initially that there is ever a problem. Once installed you
can swap and change the drives without any problems.

It actually makes sense for Ahead, or any other burning program supplier
to do it that way. Presumedly the manufacturer of the burner pays for
the OEM software and this is passed on to the buyer. I guess it means
Ahead or other supplier gets to move more product.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus


OliviaJaq 12-19-2003 03:55 PM

Re: CD writer recognition by Nero
 
>Once installed you
>can swap and change the drives without any problems.


After installation,I had swapped out my Creative drive with a Sony and could
not utilize Nero with the new drive. Like someone else had mentioned, It was
clearly stated, saying it would only work with a creative drive. I never
bothered trying to work it out, but i believe if you swap the drives and then
do the update it should be alright. If not, other than just breaking down and
buying Nero, ask a "program enhancer". I'm sure there is a quick patch to
eliminate that.

Night_Seer 12-19-2003 03:56 PM

Re: CD writer recognition by Nero
 
Oldus Fartus wrote:
> Thor wrote:
>
>> "DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
>> news:Xns9455CE916FF3FWobbly@216.168.3.30...
>>
>>> Ardent <iam@here.com> wrote in
>>> news:0ea17dc2d93067e9ae9d9e3f4ceb261c@news.teranew s.com:
>>>
>>>
>>>> Is there any way I can make 5.5.7.6 recognize the LG?
>>>
>>> The problem has nothing to do with the version. You have two
>>> copies of nero that are each tied to the drive they were shipped
>>> with.

>>
>>
>> No Demon, I disagree. In my experience, drive manufacturers have
>> never shipped versions of Nero that are tied to their specific
>> make/model of drive. I'm certain the problem is that the version
>> he's using isn't new enough to support the newer drive's operating
>> parameters. I've seen it and dealt with it many times. Practically
>> every update of a Nero version includes support for a list of new
>> drives. You just have to update to the newer version to make it work.
>>
>>

> I wouldn't say never Thor. My three burners all have bundled copies
> of Nero tied to the particular burner, but only for installation.
> They are two Liteon, and one MSI.
>
> I have never had the problem the OP has had though. Generally I have
> found that once the software has been installed the drive has been
> able to be swapped without the software suddenly stopping working.
> It may not give the full range of features, but still works.


Yes my all the Lite-On Nero versions I've ever used are directly tied to
the drive it came with, and will not function with any other.

--
Night_Seer



Trent© 12-19-2003 04:38 PM

Re: CD writer recognition by Nero
 
On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 09:02:07 -0500, "Thor" <man@arms.com> wrote:

>Well, I have about 8 different Nero bundled discs from over the last few
>years from version 4xx up through 6xx, and none of them were tied to
>specific drive makes they were shipped with. Never seen one that was.


I've run across it many times.

>If
>some are that way, it's a pretty absurd idea, because if you already have a
>burner, and you want to simply add another (or a DVD burner), it would work
>with one burner, and not the other.


Its only tied in the installation.

>Why the hell would Ahead software allow
>their product to be so crippled? In any case, you could just simply download
>the latest update from Nero, and it should work, because the updates
>overwrite the previous program version anyway.


But the 'previous' program isn't INSTALLED! That's where the
crippling comes into play...in the installation.



Wishing you and yours a happy holiday season...

Trent

Proud member of the Roy Rogers fan club!



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.