Velocity Reviews

-   -   Icons are upside down...how to correct (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t308998-icons-are-upside-down-how-to-correct.html)

MBell72398 12-18-2003 01:14 AM

Icons are upside down...how to correct

I had a customer bring in a laptop running XP. All the icons are upside down
and the start menu is on the right instead of the left. BIOS and splash screen
are normal. How do I correct this?
Thanks, Mike
Please remove nospam to email me
Michael Bell @Bell Electronics
Rincon, GA.31326

Night_Seer 12-18-2003 01:24 AM

Re: Icons are upside down...how to correct

MBell72398 wrote:
> I had a customer bring in a laptop running XP. All the icons are
> upside down and the start menu is on the right instead of the left.
> BIOS and splash screen are normal. How do I correct this?
> Thanks, Mike
> Please remove nospam to email me
> Michael Bell @Bell Electronics
> Rincon, GA.31326

What kind of video card? I know that nvidia cards have settings to
rotate the desktop, specifically for LCD monitors that can rotate
(though I never understood the upside down setting. As for the start
menu, after you unlock it (or if it is already unlocked) you can drag it
to any side of the desktop. That's all I can think of.

--
Night_Seer

Brian Walsh 12-18-2003 04:52 AM

> MBell72398 wrote:
> > I had a customer bring in a laptop running XP. All the icons are
> > upside down and the start menu is on the right instead of the left.
> > BIOS and splash screen are normal. How do I correct this?
> > Thanks, Mike
> > Please remove nospam to email me
> > Michael Bell @Bell Electronics
> > Rincon, GA.31326

> What kind of video card? I know that nvidia cards have settings to
> rotate the desktop, specifically for LCD monitors that can rotate
> (though I never understood the upside down setting. As for the start
> menu, after you unlock it (or if it is already unlocked) you can drag it
> to any side of the desktop. That's all I can think of.
>
> --
> Night_Seer

Check to see if it's set up to run a digital projector. In many cases the
projector can be set on a table or hung upside down from the ceiling and the
desktop display will match the image from the projector.

Roy@home.net 12-19-2003 05:56 AM

Re: Icons are upside down...how to correct

On 18 Dec 2003 01:14:22 GMT, mbell72398@aol.comnospam (MBell72398)
wrote:

> ... All the icons are upside down ...

Kool!