Velocity Reviews

-   -   SIP Gatekeeper (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t30896-sip-gatekeeper.html)

Warrick FitzGerald 12-11-2003 04:50 PM

SIP Gatekeeper

Hi All,

I recently learned about the Cisco Gatekeeper product line and was hoping
someone could help me with some more info.

In reading the docs I see that it supports H.323 well, so things like
netmeeting etc. should work fine, however I'm trying to get some VoIP
stuff to bypass my firewall and was hoping that someone could tell me if
the Gatekeeper supports SIP?

Thanks
Warrick

Andrew Zhilenko 12-15-2003 08:27 PM

Re: SIP Gatekeeper

Hello!

Warrick FitzGerald wrote:

> In reading the docs I see that it supports H.323 well, so things like
> netmeeting etc. should work fine, however I'm trying to get some VoIP
> stuff to bypass my firewall and was hoping that someone could tell me if
> the Gatekeeper supports SIP?

No, gatekeeper is for H323. For the SIP there is a "SIP registrar/proxy"
which does the similar tasks. There is a SIP server from Cisco as well as
from other vendors (IPTel, Porta Software).

WBR, Andrew
--
Andrew Zhilenko
Please remove "hide-email." from my email address when replying,