Velocity Reviews

-   -   Changing system fonts (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t308935-changing-system-fonts.html)

Sam 12-12-2003 08:52 PM

Changing system fonts

I have just got an old gateway solo 2500 laptop. It is in good order but the
font annoys me. Doesn't matter what I do to change the fonts in word
documents it doesnt make it easier to read because of the underlying font.

Can anyone suggest how i can deal with this?

Miro 12-12-2003 11:22 PM

Re: Changing system fonts

"Sam" <samkek1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have just got an old gateway solo 2500 laptop. It is in good order but

the
> font annoys me. Doesn't matter what I do to change the fonts in word
> documents it doesnt make it easier to read because of the underlying font.
>
> Can anyone suggest how i can deal with this?

Underlying font ? What the dickens is that ? I think the problem is with the
operators knowledge of Word

Chet 12-13-2003 05:02 AM

Re: Changing system fonts

In Word, to change the font you select (as in drag the cursor across or
"edit" "select all") the text you want to change then change the font.
Merely changing the font selection at the top of the screen does nothing to
the existing text unless you select it first.

Roy@home.net 12-13-2003 09:10 AM

Re: Changing system fonts

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 05:02:31 GMT, "Chet" <nospam-chartley39@mchsi.com>
wrote:

>In Word, to change the font you select (as in drag the cursor across or
>"edit" "select all") the text you want to change then change the font.
>Merely changing the font selection at the top of the screen does nothing to
>the existing text unless you select it first.
>"Sam" <samkek1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I have just got an old gateway solo 2500 laptop. It is in good order but

>the
>> font annoys me. Doesn't matter what I do to change the fonts in word
>> documents it doesnt make it easier to read because of the underlying font.
>>
>> Can anyone suggest how i can deal with this?

One should add .. If you change the font using the menu selection
Format-Font, there is button at the bottom left to make that selection
the default font.

Roy - Carpe Noctem

The Gadget Shop 12-15-2003 07:35 AM

Re: Changing system fonts

start>settings>control panel - display - appearance tab - advanced - click
on window text, message text etc and change the font size... also selecting
'icon' from the pulldown list will change a lot of the tiny text in
applications, as well as your icons of course!

Cheers, Jason (remove === to reply)

Macrovision disablers
http://gadgets.shorturl.com

Sam 12-15-2003 11:45 AM

Re: Changing system fonts

The font i want to change is not the word document font. It is the font that
appears when a new program is added and needs to be walked through. If there
is quite a lot of text it is tedious to read with the current font.

The Gadget Shop 12-15-2003 09:28 PM

Re: Changing system fonts

see message text from my previous post...

Cheers, Jason (remove shop to reply)

PC Remotes $39:
http://gadgets.shorturl.com