Velocity Reviews

-   -   To eliminate clicking on user name in WinXP (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t308874-to-eliminate-clicking-on-user-name-in-winxp.html)

Fred J 12-07-2003 02:58 AM

To eliminate clicking on user name in WinXP

My OS is Windows XP Pro. When I start my computer after the Windows
finishing to load
I get a Welcome sign and also my user name and "to begin click your user
name to begin"
how can I eliminate the clicking on the user name? Where I have to make the
changes?
On my second computer I get only the Welcome sign before loading the Windows
this
is the way I would like to have it. Thanks Fred

Thor 12-07-2003 07:53 AM

Re: To eliminate clicking on user name in WinXP

Make sure no other user accounts exist on the computer, and make sure the
"guest" account is set to "disabled". You can check this in the user
accounts section in the control panel.

news:pbxAb.124634$3l5.1904350@wagner.videotron.net ...

Duane Arnold 12-07-2003 09:42 AM

Re: To eliminate clicking on user name in WinXP

"Fred J" <matefrai57@hotmail.com> wrote in
news:pbxAb.124634$3l5.1904350@wagner.videotron.net :

> My OS is Windows XP Pro. When I start my computer after the Windows
> finishing to load
> I get a Welcome sign and also my user name and "to begin click your
> user name to begin"
> how can I eliminate the clicking on the user name? Where I have to
> make the changes?
> On my second computer I get only the Welcome sign before loading the
> Windows this
> is the way I would like to have it. Thanks Fred

If you want to do it, there you go. It's a security risk to say the least
about it. Anything you want to know how to do is out there on Google.

Duane :)