Velocity Reviews

-   -   Learning VB 6 book recommendation? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t308863-learning-vb-6-book-recommendation.html)

Kenny Cargill 12-06-2003 01:44 PM

Learning VB 6 book recommendation?

Started a course which includes Visual Basic 6. Local bookshops only have
books on VB.net, will one of these be suitable for learning VB 6? Some VB6
books on Amazon UK but which one should I go for? Looking at the "For
Dummies" , "Teach Yourself in 24 hours" or "Teach Yourself in 21 Days". I
am a total beginner to any kind of programming and unlikely to take it
farther than this course. Any advice and/or recommendations welcome.

--

Kenny

B 12-06-2003 03:08 PM

Re: Learning VB 6 book recommendation?

"Kenny Cargill" <me@privacy.net> wrote in

> Started a course which includes Visual Basic 6. Local bookshops only
> have books on VB.net, will one of these be suitable for learning VB 6?
> Some VB6 books on Amazon UK but which one should I go for? Looking
> at the "For Dummies" , "Teach Yourself in 24 hours" or "Teach Yourself
> in 21 Days". I am a total beginner to any kind of programming and
> unlikely to take it farther than this course. Any advice and/or
> recommendations welcome.
>

> --
>
> Kenny

VB.NET and VB6 are two different programming disciplines. One just cannot
apply VB.NET to what's happening in VB6. And one must throw out what has
been learned in VB6 when stepping up to VB.NET. You should find a book on
VB6, if you need to be learning VB6. I think that you should be able to
call any bookstore such as B. Dalton's or others and order the book
you're looking for.

MSPress books come to mine too.

Duane :)