Velocity Reviews

-   -   Raid on SATA or ATA? help! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t308750-raid-on-sata-or-ata-help.html)

Adriano 11-28-2003 09:23 AM

Raid on SATA or ATA? help!

Hi,
I would like to know what it means RAID on SATA and ATA.
I ask this because updating the driver for my motherboard
"Asus P4C800 Deluxe"
I have seen something that I don't understand.
In fact in the old driver I read "for ATA" and in the new driver "for
SATA".
However I have just installed it and it is everything OK
But my atrocious doubt is: will I have installed the correct driver?
Thanks

bye Adriano

DeMoN LaG 11-28-2003 04:41 PM

Re: Raid on SATA or ATA? help!

Adriano <ashuat@hotmail.com> wrote in

> But my atrocious doubt is: will I have installed the correct driver?

If you installed an SATA controller driver and you didn't have the
controller, it would appear in your device manager as a ! or an X. If you
somehow installed the wrong ATA controller drivers, which would be
difficult enough to get windows to do, you would not be using your computer
right now as it probably wouldn't even be booting correctly.

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

DontOutsourceMe 11-29-2003 07:47 AM

Re: Raid on SATA or ATA? help!

Adriano <ashuat@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<e15esvgugjj5ja41ve0ktrs8o6cf33dkjd@4ax.com>. ..
> Hi,
> I would like to know what it means RAID on SATA and ATA.
> I ask this because updating the driver for my motherboard
> "Asus P4C800 Deluxe"
> I have seen something that I don't understand.
> In fact in the old driver I read "for ATA" and in the new driver "for
> SATA".
> However I have just installed it and it is everything OK
> But my atrocious doubt is: will I have installed the correct driver?
> Thanks
>
> bye Adriano

This is not TECH SUPPORT..we have other important issues to discuss here..thanks.

DontOutsourceMe.

DeMoN LaG 11-29-2003 04:40 PM

Re: Raid on SATA or ATA? help!

dontoutsourcemyjob@yahoo.com (DontOutsourceMe) wrote in
news:6f37046c.0311282347.124e368b@posting.google.c om:

> This is not TECH SUPPORT..we have other important issues to discuss
> here..thanks.

WTF are you talking about? Who died and made you king of the group? This
group is a valid location for any computer related questions, including
tech support. **** off.

Thor 11-29-2003 09:39 PM

Re: Raid on SATA or ATA? help!

"DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
> dontoutsourcemyjob@yahoo.com (DontOutsourceMe) wrote in
> news:6f37046c.0311282347.124e368b@posting.google.c om:
>
> > This is not TECH SUPPORT..we have other important issues to discuss
> > here..thanks.
> >

> WTF are you talking about? Who died and made you king of the group? This
> group is a valid location for any computer related questions, including
> tech support. **** off.

It was crossposted to alt.computer.consultants. Undoubtedly the reply came
from one of those grouchy fellows. They regularly bitch and moan when
someone asks a technical question in that group. Their group is evidently
for discussing the *business* of consulting, not for tech support.

DeMoN LaG 11-29-2003 10:32 PM

Re: Raid on SATA or ATA? help!

"Thor" <man@arms.com> wrote in news:vsi4d11f7j5me9@corp.supernews.com:

> It was crossposted to alt.computer.consultants. Undoubtedly the reply
> came from one of those grouchy fellows. They regularly bitch and moan
> when someone asks a technical question in that group. Their group is
> evidently for discussing the *business* of consulting, not for tech
> support.

I didn't notice that. My bad.