Velocity Reviews

-   -   no sound (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t308631-no-sound.html)

steve 11-19-2003 10:14 PM

no sound

I have a emachines 633ids with a 15gb hard drive and a cognac
motherboard with on board sound. I installed a second hard drive and
it seems to be working ok but now I have no sound. Everything looks
like it should be working, I have no conflicts or error messages.
Could I have knocked loose a jumper or is this a software issue. Any
help would be greatly apprecieated. You can e-mail me at sf20@msn.com

dsr@Florence.edu 11-19-2003 10:24 PM

Re: no sound

On 19 Nov 2003 14:14:46 -0800, sf20@msn.com (steve) wrote:

>I have a emachines 633ids with a 15gb hard drive and a cognac
>motherboard with on board sound. I installed a second hard drive and
>it seems to be working ok but now I have no sound. Everything looks
>like it should be working, I have no conflicts or error messages.
>Could I have knocked loose a jumper or is this a software issue. Any
>help would be greatly apprecieated. You can e-mail me at sf20@msn.com

A. Check the bios setup to see if the onboard audio has been disabled.

B. Reinstall drivers for sound applications from your recovery CD's.

Night_Seer 11-19-2003 10:25 PM

Re: no sound

steve wrote:
> I have a emachines 633ids with a 15gb hard drive and a cognac
> motherboard with on board sound. I installed a second hard drive and
> it seems to be working ok but now I have no sound. Everything looks
> like it should be working, I have no conflicts or error messages.
> Could I have knocked loose a jumper or is this a software issue. Any
> help would be greatly apprecieated. You can e-mail me at sf20@msn.com

No sound period, or when you play cd's or what? Check your volume
settings.

--
Night_Seer

Jerry G. 11-19-2003 11:13 PM

Re: no sound

Check that there are no wires or connectors that have come off.

Check that the volume controls in sound set-up is turned up.

Check that the sound is not muted.

Check that the BIOS set-up is correct, and the proper drivers are installed.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com