Velocity Reviews

-   -   Windows ME error question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t308567-windows-me-error-question.html)

JC 11-15-2003 10:13 PM

Windows ME error question

A friend of mine has an older Dell desktop running WinME and, ever since
plugging in an old cable modem, has gotten the following error;

"The support tuner has encountered a network error. Check state of network
and try again."

His system does not respond properly after that. I'm trying to help him but
my Google search and Microsoft Knowledge Base searches have come up empty.
Anyone out there with any insight or suggestions?

Also, if he boots up to a boot disk and reinstalls Windows ME over his
current copy, will he lose any other data on the drive? I know software
will need to be reinstalled, but he is concerned about personal files.

Thanks in advance.

Jerry G. 11-16-2003 04:03 AM

Re: Windows ME error question

He should be calling his provider to check that his modem is set-up for the
proper protocol, and networking parameters, to start with.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com