Velocity Reviews

-   -   Tuner card for digital TV broadcasts (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t308448-tuner-card-for-digital-tv-broadcasts.html)

Cal-Kid@earthlink.net 11-05-2003 04:07 AM

Tuner card for digital TV broadcasts

Hi all. Does anyone know if such a card exists. More and more TV stations
broadcast in digital form either regular or high definition and it would be
nice to record them in the hard drive or DVD burner. Thanks

milo 11-06-2003 03:09 AM

Re: Tuner card for digital TV broadcasts

yeah there are a few out there..
ive got flyvideo capture card, it has the ability to record from the tv to
hard drive,
it has av svhs am fm radio built in, only thing is if u do record to the
hard drive
make sure u burn it straight to the cd other wise u will fill up a hard
drive very quickly
as i have found out
I also have satelite tv (similar to cable in the US.) in the lounge room and
a transmiter recvier that i use to watch the sat on my pc. just plugs into
the av inputs..very cool.
u can watch tv on the net and also have full screen as well
check out your local computer shop or retail outlet or search on the net u
might be able to find what
u r looking for

hope this helps
milo

news:3I_pb.238$Z25.81@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink .net...

Oldus Fartus 11-06-2003 05:12 AM

Re: Tuner card for digital TV broadcasts

In news:3I_pb.238$Z25.81@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink .net,
Cal-Kid@earthlink.net <georgel666@earthlink.net> wrote these words:

| Hi all. Does anyone know if such a card exists. More and more TV
| stations broadcast in digital form either regular or high definition
| and it would be nice to record them in the hard drive or DVD burner.
| Thanks

I have only seen a couple - one is the VisionPlus VP-DTV-t
http://www.hometheatrepc.com.au/prod...products_id=79

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

Cal-Kid@earthlink.net 11-07-2003 04:52 AM

Re: Tuner card for digital TV broadcasts

I dont think any of these could work. Tha card I am looking for gets the
input directly from a terrestial antenna. Like some of the many TV tuner
cards that already exist accepting ANALOG TV bradcasts like all the TV sets
did 10 years ago. In this case I am looking for the card that would accept
(directly from the Terrestial Antenna) a DIGITAL TV broadcast o even more
complicated a Hih Definition TV broadcast. As I understand, the VisionPlus
VP-DTV-t card gets the input from a decoder, or other device, not from the
terrestial Antenna. Is that correct?
Cheers George

Cal-Kid@earthlink.net 11-07-2003 05:18 AM

Re: Tuner card for digital TV broadcasts

Thanks for your input Olus Fartus. I cannot find specs for the Vision Plus
card,. What is the other one you were thinking of?? Cheers George

Oldus Fartus 11-07-2003 06:14 AM

Re: Tuner card for digital TV broadcasts

In news:xWFqb.1077$nz.670@newsread2.news.pas.earthlin k.net,
Cal-Kid@earthlink.net <georgel666@earthlink.net> wrote these words:

| Thanks for your input Olus Fartus. I cannot find specs for the Vision
| Plus card,. What is the other one you were thinking of?? Cheers
| George

http://www.digitalnow.com.au/products/dvbt.html lists a couple of other
cards.

http://www.digitalnow.com.au/product...onplusdtv.html has the specs,
and seems to suggest no decoder box is necessary.for the VisionPlus.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus