Velocity Reviews

-   -   Pop-up Blocker, does it work? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t308268-pop-up-blocker-does-it-work.html)

Ulisse 10-25-2003 08:54 AM

Pop-up Blocker, does it work?

Hi,
I'd like to add Pop-up Blocker to my PC,
does anyone if it work fine?
Can give me some problems?
thanks

bye Ulisse

tomScotland 10-25-2003 11:31 AM

Re: Pop-up Blocker, does it work?

"Ulisse" <ulixis@the.pelide> wrote in message ..
> Hi,
> I'd like to add Pop-up Blocker to my PC,

The "Google Toolbar" works very well for me.
http://toolbar.google.com/

--
tomScotland

stop your grinnin' and drop YOURLINEN to reply, ya boob.

Andrew Watiker 10-26-2003 02:11 PM

Re: Pop-up Blocker, does it work?

I use Mozilla 1.4 as my web browser (Windows, Linux) available free at
mozilla.org. This software supports integrated pop-up blocking. I
personally have had problems playing card games on Pogo.com with pop-up
blocking. So if you do pop-up blocking be careful to make sure that you
turn it off if things that used to work before now don't work.

--
Andrew Watiker

Visit My Website: http://andrewwatiker.alturl.com
or
http://andrewwatiker.homeip.net:81

"All We Are Saying is Give Peace a Chance."
- John Lennon

Peace & Love.
"tomScotland" <tom29YOURLINEN@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Ulisse" <ulixis@the.pelide> wrote in message ..
> > Hi,
> > I'd like to add Pop-up Blocker to my PC,

> The "Google Toolbar" works very well for me.
> http://toolbar.google.com/
>
> --
> tomScotland
>
> stop your grinnin' and drop YOURLINEN to reply, ya boob.

---

DeMoN LaG 10-26-2003 04:43 PM

Re: Pop-up Blocker, does it work?

"Andrew Watiker" <DmctNY8@optonline.net> wrote in news:%BQmb.5841
$I7.1561441@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net:

> I use Mozilla 1.4 as my web browser (Windows, Linux) available free at
> mozilla.org. This software supports integrated pop-up blocking. I
> personally have had problems playing card games on Pogo.com with pop-up
> blocking. So if you do pop-up blocking be careful to make sure that you
> turn it off if things that used to work before now don't work.

If you used a newer version of Firebird instead of vanilla Mozilla, when a
popup gets blocked you get a little icon in the status bar. Click it,
click the popup, say "allow" and that popup is allowed to pop again.

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

Andrew Watiker 10-26-2003 06:59 PM

Re: Pop-up Blocker, does it work?

Good tip, thanks Demon. The best thing about Mozilla is that the Gator type
pop-ups don't show.

--

"DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
> "Andrew Watiker" <DmctNY8@optonline.net> wrote in news:%BQmb.5841
> $I7.1561441@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net:
>
> > I use Mozilla 1.4 as my web browser (Windows, Linux) available free at
> > mozilla.org. This software supports integrated pop-up blocking. I
> > personally have had problems playing card games on Pogo.com with pop-up
> > blocking. So if you do pop-up blocking be careful to make sure that you
> > turn it off if things that used to work before now don't work.
> >

> If you used a newer version of Firebird instead of vanilla Mozilla, when a
> popup gets blocked you get a little icon in the status bar. Click it,
> click the popup, say "allow" and that popup is allowed to pop again.
>
> --
> AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
> email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
> website: under construction
> email/IM for rates/services

---

DeMoN LaG 10-27-2003 12:39 AM

news:EQUmb.9100$I7.2624137@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net :

> Good tip, thanks Demon. The best thing about Mozilla is that the
> Gator type pop-ups don't show.

The best thing is Mozilla won't just say "Click OK to <do something>" and
let that "OK" actually install some stupid porn popup thing and **** like
that.

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
website: under construction
email/IM for rates/services

10-27-2003 12:59 AM

Re: Pop-up Blocker, does it work?

I have zero popup killer and I like it. It does a good job with popups and
it'll take care of a lot of banner ads as well.

Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr. 10-30-2003 01:05 AM

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 08:54:47 GMT, Ulisse <ulixis@the.pelide> wrote:

>Hi,
>I'd like to add Pop-up Blocker to my PC,
>does anyone if it work fine?
>Can give me some problems?
>thanks
>
> bye Ulisse

I like the AdSubtract pop-up blocker at www.adsubtract.com.
It costs money, but I think it's worth it.

Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.
Lubbock, Texas
kinserlow at hotmail dot com