Velocity Reviews

-   -   trouble shutting down (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t308207-trouble-shutting-down.html)

Crystal 10-21-2003 04:02 AM

trouble shutting down

What might the trouble be if everytime whether I choice shut down or restart
the computer goes through the shut down process and then comes right back
up?
I have down loaded the patch that was suppose to take care of this and I
don't have a clue as to what else to do!
Help, Crystal....

Jim P 10-21-2003 05:12 PM

Re: trouble shutting down

TRY AND INCLUDE SOME INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR SYSTEM!!
That always helps.

news:5d2lb.7306$Uz6.6014@newsread1.news.atl.earthl ink.net...

caveat lector - reader beware 10-23-2003 12:34 PM

Re: trouble shutting down

>From: "Crystal" noname@mailer.net
>Newsgroups: alt.computer

>Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 04:02:09 GMT

>What might the trouble be if everytime whether I choice shut down or restart
>the computer goes through the shut down process and then comes right back
>up?
> I have down loaded the patch that was suppose to take care of this and I
>don't have a clue as to what else to do!
> Help, Crystal....

Update virus definitions, and download Spybot Search & Destroy.

Logoff Internet

Install and run Spybot Search & Destroy.

Push and hold the power switch for 4 - 5 seconds or press Reset switch, and
turn off power supply ( or last resort unplug the damn thing)

With power off, unplug the modem/DSL.

Wait 10 minutes then restart again, but keep pressing the F8 key, until you see
the boot menu, and choose Safe Mode.

Run a full system virus scan.

power down, plug in the modem

restart and test.

How is it now?

--
Necessity is the Mother of invention.

I'd tell you a secret, but it wouldn't be a secret anymore.