Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to download the webpages that I want, using HTTRACT ? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t307973-how-to-download-the-webpages-that-i-want-using-httract.html)

Penang 06-25-2003 08:26 AM

How to download the webpages that I want, using HTTRACT ?

Dear all,

I am trying to download all the subordinate files of
http://202.186.86.35/english/jan2002.asp

I am using HTTRACT to do the job.

What setup I must use in HTTRACT to get it to download ONLY the Jan 1
to Jan 30 links on http://202.186.86.35/english/jan2002.asp and not
any other ?

Thank you !

Sid Ismail 06-25-2003 10:24 AM

Re: How to download the webpages that I want, using HTTRACT ?

On 25 Jun 2003 01:26:11 -0700, penang@myrealbox.com (Penang) wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to download all the subordinate files of
> http://202.186.86.35/english/jan2002.asp
>
> I am using HTTRACT to do the job.
>
> What setup I must use in HTTRACT to get it to download ONLY the Jan

1
> to Jan 30 links on http://202.186.86.35/english/jan2002.asp and not
> any other ?

Look in the help of the program HTTRACT.

Sid

Disco 06-25-2003 11:13 PM

Penang wrote:
> Dear all,

> What setup I must use in HTTRACT to get it to download ONLY the Jan 1
> to Jan 30 links on http://202.186.86.35/english/jan2002.asp and not
> any other ?

looks like it is only getting files that have relative URIs. Th Jan 1 - Jan
30 files have URIs like href="/blah/blah/blah.ext" whereas other URIs have
href=http://www.freakmeout.example.com/whatthe.freakinfreakshowfreakhead.ext
..

Maybe try looking for something such as "Only download file on the web site"
or "Do not download external files" in the help of the application.

Also, maybe because you are going to the ip address (202.186.86.35) instead
of the domain (www.freakenfreakfreaker.example.com)

Penang 06-26-2003 06:35 AM

Sid Ismail <elsid@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<22uifvgu2smpdu66kho63gp5ea7kvgqugv@4ax.com>. ..
> On 25 Jun 2003 01:26:11 -0700, penang@myrealbox.com (Penang) wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I am trying to download all the subordinate files of
> > http://202.186.86.35/english/jan2002.asp
> >
> > I am using HTTRACT to do the job.
> >
> > What setup I must use in HTTRACT to get it to download ONLY the Jan

> 1
> > to Jan 30 links on http://202.186.86.35/english/jan2002.asp and not
> > any other ?

> Look in the help of the program HTTRACT.
>
> Sid

I did. I tried all the different settings. I even turned off the
"robot.txt" setting.

But HTTRACT still won't do the simple thing like getting the Jan 30 to
Jan 1 links from the page.

Instead, it got all types of unrelated page AWAY from the
http://202.186.86.35/english/jan2002.asp page.

Just don't know what to do next.

Anyone has any suggestion?

Thanks !