Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Voice modem problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t307967-re-voice-modem-problem.html)

Bryan Henderson 06-22-2003 10:42 PM

Re: Voice modem problem

"Shepİ" <shep@gmx.co.uk> wrote in message
news:rnvbfvkdfuduhj1i5nm9oah80fai6abm1f@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 14:48:32 +0100, Whilst playing Smegball with the
> scutters "Bryan Henderson" <bhendersonNOSPAM@freenet.co.uk> wrote :
>

> >"Prof" <mfevs@winco.net> wrote in message
> >> Have you tried raising the volume on the Window's virtual mixer? Since

> >> voice modem is a wave device it might work.

> >If you mean the volume control on the task bar etc then yes if I turn

this
> >volume up high I can hear the messages. I have a USB TV device and the
> >volume level I use for this used to be fine for the modem but now I am
> >having to turn up the level higher for listening to messages then turn it
> >down to listen to TV before I didn't have to do this.

> Having never used the,"Voice"option of a modem I'm not sure if this
> will help but here ya go.
>
> There are,"Two"places you can adjust the modem,"Handshake"volume which
> I suspect may also affect the,"Voice" volume of which you can confirm
> if this works.
>
> 1:Go to Dial Up Networking/Highlight your Connection/Right
> click/Properties/Configure and move the Volume slider all the way to
> the right and work your way out.
>
> 2:Control Panel/Modems/Highlight your modem/Properties and do the
> same.
>
> HTH :)

I've done this now but it hasn't helped. It states this is for the modem
speaker, but play back of messages is done on the speakers through the
soundcard. I suspect the problem is when they are recorded.

The modem is described as a Generic SoftK56 Data,Fax,Voice,Speakerphone in
device manager however Bitware has it as a Conexant SoftK56 Data,Fax,
Speakerphone modem