Velocity Reviews

-   -   Anti-Executable (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t307937-anti-executable.html)

vincent price 07-05-2006 01:51 PM

Anti-Executable

Is there someone who knows Anti-Executable (Faronics)?

Sebastian Gottschalk 07-05-2006 02:40 PM

Re: Anti-Executable

vincent price wrote:
> Is there someone who knows Anti-Executable (Faronics)?

From their website:
| Compatible with Windows 95/98/Me/2000/XP

That's where I stopped reading. This software is superfluos on Windows XP.

OK, I read further:

| Provides password protection for complete security

Ouch!

Beside that, they don't tell a word about the general problem of trusted
executables being scriptable (oh, that VBScript on the website deletes
files?), enforcement points (what does it do if some MS Office Macro
invokes LoadLibraryEx()?) or malicious intent (yes, explorer.exe allows
an interactive user to delete files).