Velocity Reviews

-   -   Falkag and Akamai (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t307875-falkag-and-akamai.html)

aniramca@yahoo.com 06-18-2006 05:36 PM

Falkag and Akamai

Using Google search engine, sometimes I found that flashing addresses
showing at the bottom of the screen make connections to Akamai or
Falkag. What do these two companies do? I believe that Akamai is
somewhere from the Eastern part of USA, and Falkag from Germany? Are
they the companies which look around or track you down on what
preferences that you have as you seach through the internet? are they
paid by advertisement companies?
Just curious!

Stacey 06-18-2006 06:58 PM

Re: Falkag and Akamai

<aniramca@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1150652184.457834.309760@u72g2000cwu.googlegr oups.com...
> Using Google search engine, sometimes I found that flashing addresses
> showing at the bottom of the screen make connections to Akamai or
> Falkag. What do these two companies do? I believe that Akamai is
> somewhere from the Eastern part of USA, and Falkag from Germany? Are
> they the companies which look around or track you down on what
> preferences that you have as you seach through the internet? are they
> paid by advertisement companies?
> Just curious!

I haven't the slightest idea. But have you looked these companies up with a
search. Then you should figure it out that way. Now as far as flashing
adverts(which Google doesn't use) I think you might have some adware on your
computer.

Stacey

--
Rustic Decor - http://crookedcreekcountry.com
Father - http://allgiftshop.net/occasion-gift...-day-gifts.htm

Georgie 06-18-2006 07:00 PM

Re: Falkag and Akamai

Akamai is kind of a hosting compnay for big traffic websites, loads of big
companies use them to mirror data. Don't worry about them. Dont know what
falkag is, could be the same idea

rajmicro78@gmail.com 06-19-2006 06:39 AM

Re: Falkag and Akamai

Falkag is same as google adword and google adsense.

Todd H. 06-19-2006 02:43 PM

Re: Falkag and Akamai

aniramca@yahoo.com writes:
> Using Google search engine, sometimes I found that flashing addresses
> showing at the bottom of the screen make connections to Akamai or
> Falkag. What do these two companies do? I believe that Akamai is
> somewhere from the Eastern part of USA, and Falkag from Germany? Are
> they the companies which look around or track you down on what
> preferences that you have as you seach through the internet? are they
> paid by advertisement companies?
> Just curious!

Akamai is not to feared, really. They're a clever caching and content
delivery and load balancing service that mirrors data for large web
sites and delivers data to ya quickly by feeding you data from servers
that are "near" to your IP address. So, if you're in say, Indiana
USA, akamai's technology feeds you a google IP address that
corresponds to a server that's near you in Indiana so your data comes
quicker than say, if it were all served off a central server.

More here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akamai

--
Todd H.